Good sales jobs, unfair on some aspects.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Nebraska Furniture Mart

Pros

Good commission if you can walk around and sell in all departments. Managers are flexible when you want to change your schedule and need time off (not true in some departments). Possible to get a pay raise if you are in the top 20%. Fair to good benefits and PTO is good along with 401K. The people for the most part are good folks minus the occasional weirdo....where is there not one. Overall top management meaning the blumkins are great! Nice guys who care about the company and seem to care about employees and are knowledgible. If you can work the weekends and are able to walk around and talk to people you will do fine for the most part.

Cons

The middle management is questionable...meaning questionable decisions. We started doing surveys where you need to get a 85% or better to keep your job. I mean if 8 of out 10 customers like you thats not good enough. seriously? So there surveys are not accurate and employees hate them. I wish we could survey the surveys. I do understand why they do them, but need a serious overhaul. And they count returns against you even if the customer just changes there mind, measures wrong or loses there job. If you get too high in return percentages your fired. Its a crap shoot to make sure you get a customer who wont return something on you. Weekends are not fun, but if you dont work them your not making money so get used to it.

Review your survey process.....its broke!!!! NOT ACCURATE IN THE LEAST!!! And take a look at your return policy not fair at all. Other than that you have done a fine job!

Other Reviews for Nebraska Furniture Mart

good experience

Former Employee - Sales  in  Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Sales in Omaha, NE

I worked at Nebraska Furniture Mart

Pros

good company to work for

Cons

retail business hours are not best for getting weekends off

be flexibile with your people

Great place to begin your career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Nebraska Furniture Mart

Pros

Very flexible with vacation time
    Great opportunities for advancement
    Nebraska Furniture Mart typically promotes workers from within before going to outside job candidate

Cons

Nebraska Furniture Mart is a retail business so most workers can expect to work longer hours, weekends, and most holidays.

It would be helpful if Nebraska Furniture Mart Improves their communication within each individual department, and amongst all the other departments.

There are newer employer reviews for Nebraska Furniture Mart.

Worked for Nebraska Furniture Mart? Contribute to the Community!