Nebraska Furniture Mart
www.nfm.com Omaha, NE 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good sales jobs, unfair on some aspects.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Nebraska Furniture Mart

ProsGood commission if you can walk around and sell in all departments. Managers are flexible when you want to change your schedule and need time off (not true in some departments). Possible to get a pay raise if you are in the top 20%. Fair to good benefits and PTO is good along with 401K. The people for the most part are good folks minus the occasional weirdo....where is there not one. Overall top management meaning the blumkins are great! Nice guys who care about the company and seem to care about employees and are knowledgible. If you can work the weekends and are able to walk around and talk to people you will do fine for the most part.

ConsThe middle management is questionable...meaning questionable decisions. We started doing surveys where you need to get a 85% or better to keep your job. I mean if 8 of out 10 customers like you thats not good enough. seriously? So there surveys are not accurate and employees hate them. I wish we could survey the surveys. I do understand why they do them, but need a serious overhaul. And they count returns against you even if the customer just changes there mind, measures wrong or loses there job. If you get too high in return percentages your fired. Its a crap shoot to make sure you get a customer who wont return something on you. Weekends are not fun, but if you dont work them your not making money so get used to it.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview your survey process.....its broke!!!! NOT ACCURATE IN THE LEAST!!! And take a look at your return policy not fair at all. Other than that you have done a fine job!

good experience

Sales (Former Employee)
Omaha, NE

I worked at Nebraska Furniture Mart

Pros: good company to work for Cons: retail business hours are not best for getting weekends off Advice to Senior Management: be flexibile with your people Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to begin your career

Omaha, NE

I have been working at Nebraska Furniture Mart

Pros: Very flexible with vacation time Great opportunities for advancement Nebraska Furniture Mart… Cons: Nebraska Furniture Mart is a retail business so most workers… Advice to Senior Management: It would be helpful if Nebraska Furniture Mart Improves their… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Nebraska Furniture Mart.

Worked for Nebraska Furniture Mart? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nebraska Furniture Mart reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nebraska Furniture Mart CEO Irv Blumkin. All reviews posted anonymously by Nebraska Furniture Mart employees.