Nebraska Furniture Mart

www.nfm.com
  www.nfm.com
There are newer employer reviews for Nebraska Furniture Mart

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Salesperson in Omaha, NE
Current Employee - Salesperson in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Nebraska Furniture Mart full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company wants to see you succeed as well as your manager. They will do what it takes to help you to succeed.

Cons

I can't think of anything that is bad about working there.

49 Other Employee Reviews for Nebraska Furniture Mart (View Most Recent)

Ok, place to start your career but my suggestion is to not remain long term.

Former Employee - Mid Level Management in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Mid Level Management in Omaha, NE

I worked at Nebraska Furniture Mart full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are pretty good for retail. They have a 'No layoff' policy.

Cons

Good talented people tend to leave. Some even let go. You will succeed by being political rather than productive and effective. The areas that seemed the weekest were Electronics and Warehousing.

Consistent, respectful leadership throughout departments. Some department managers do a good job supporting there team, and others tear down there teams. Leaders are people where the team wants to follow. Care and support your team and that will make you look good. Not, the other way around.

Good sales jobs, unfair on some aspects.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Nebraska Furniture Mart

Pros

Good commission if you can walk around and sell in all departments. Managers are flexible when you want to change your schedule and need time off (not true in some departments). Possible to get a pay raise if you are in the top 20%. Fair to good benefits and PTO is good along with 401K. The people for the most part are good folks minus the occasional weirdo....where is there not one. Overall top management meaning the blumkins are great! Nice guys who care about the company and seem to care about employees and are knowledgible. If you can work the weekends and are able to walk around and talk to people you will do fine for the most part.

Cons

The middle management is questionable...meaning questionable decisions. We started doing surveys where you need to get a 85% or better to keep your job. I mean if 8 of out 10 customers like you thats not good enough. seriously? So there surveys are not accurate and employees hate them. I wish we could survey the surveys. I do understand why they do them, but need a serious overhaul. And they count returns against you even if the customer just changes there mind, measures wrong or loses there job. If you get too high in return percentages your fired. Its a crap shoot to make sure you get a customer who wont return something on you. Weekends are not fun, but if you dont work them your not making money so get used to it.

Review your survey process.....its broke!!!! NOT ACCURATE IN THE LEAST!!! And take a look at your return policy not fair at all. Other than that you have done a fine job!

There are newer employer reviews for Nebraska Furniture Mart