There are newer employer reviews for Nebraska Furniture Mart

Found My Career and Loving IT!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Nebraska Furniture Mart full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have currently worked at NFM for 9.5 years. I have held 4 different positions (yes we promote within) and have been challenged in all of them. I have amazing benefits (we have chosen NFM's over my spouses due to better coverage and lower cost). I get three weeks a year in vacation. I am trusted to work on my own. My manager is great with feedback and presenting new opportunities. I have AMAZING coworkers - they are the best and I enjoy seeing them each work day. I get a call on my birthday and anniversary from Ron - there are not many CEO's who do that for every employee (we have over 2000). I started as a lead cashier in 2003, finished my degree and have found a great place to continue growing my career!

Cons

We are a retail location so the work never stops (we have staff here from 4 am until 10:30 pm). It is great to be needed :)

Advice to Management

Keep on with the personal touches. It is nice to work for a company that cares about you. You give managers the opportunity to build relationships with their teams so they can push them to the next level or prep them for the next position.

Other Employee Reviews for Nebraska Furniture Mart

1. What a great family atmosphere!!

Current Employee - Buyer in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Buyer in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Nebraska Furniture Mart full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's a great place to work. I started part time over 10 years ago and am hooked. It's a company that really cares for its employees both at work and away from work. They offer great benefits most of which are not common among employers (Financial fitness, Exercise Classes, Vacation, Insurance). They are also closed on most major holidays which is hard for a retailer to do but it says alot about the importance of family time. One of them most amazing thing that I see is the companys turnover. In retail it's not uncommon for high turnover. Here at NFM we have over 400 staff that this year hit a minimum of 5 years!! Two were actaully here 45 years this past year! That alone speaks about what a great place it is to work. The other great thing is that there is plenty of room for advancement. They promote from within. So if you work hard it pays off.

Cons

You buy way too much stuff. The staff pricing and always being close to so many products makes it difficult to not have something on your Mart Card.

2. Wonderful place to start a career!

Current Employee - Customer Care Operations Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Customer Care Operations Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Nebraska Furniture Mart full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Strong family focus, customers always come first, More than half my family works here!! Great benefits and always doing constant reviews to make sure they are competitive. Also the employee discount is one of the best among the competition!

Cons

Easy to spend your paycheck on items from here, large campus to walk, only one food court place to choose from although its Subway so its not to bad.

Advice to Management

Make sure you carry your culture into your new Texas destination!