There are newer employer reviews for Nebraska Furniture Mart

Found My Career and Loving IT!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Overland Park, KS
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Nebraska Furniture Mart full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have currently worked at NFM for 9.5 years. I have held 4 different positions (yes we promote within) and have been challenged in all of them. I have amazing benefits (we have chosen NFM's over my spouses due to better coverage and lower cost). I get three weeks a year in vacation. I am trusted to work on my own. My manager is great with feedback and presenting new opportunities. I have AMAZING coworkers - they are the best and I enjoy seeing them each work day. I get a call on my birthday and anniversary from Ron - there are not many CEO's who do that for every employee (we have over 2000). I started as a lead cashier in 2003, finished my degree and have found a great place to continue growing my career!

Cons

We are a retail location so the work never stops (we have staff here from 4 am until 10:30 pm). It is great to be needed :)

Keep on with the personal touches. It is nice to work for a company that cares about you. You give managers the opportunity to build relationships with their teams so they can push them to the next level or prep them for the next position.

43 Other Employee Reviews for Nebraska Furniture Mart (View Most Recent)

Wonderful place to start a career!

Current Employee - Customer Care Operations Manager  in  Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Customer Care Operations Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Nebraska Furniture Mart full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Strong family focus, customers always come first, More than half my family works here!! Great benefits and always doing constant reviews to make sure they are competitive. Also the employee discount is one of the best among the competition!

Cons

Easy to spend your paycheck on items from here, large campus to walk, only one food court place to choose from although its Subway so its not to bad.

Make sure you carry your culture into your new Texas destination!

Best Job I have ever had!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Nebraska Furniture Mart full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have been with the Mart since 2003 (currently 9 years) and have had several positions in different departments. The companies culture remains consistent throughout every department I have worked in. The Mart treats their staff amazing well, and even though it's size is close to 3,000 employees, still has a very "family" atmosphere.

Cons

Really can not think of any at this time. Treats staff well, is incredibly customer focused (one reason for success), and has high ethical standards.

There are newer employer reviews for Nebraska Furniture Mart

Worked for Nebraska Furniture Mart? Contribute to the Community!