There are newer employer reviews for Nebraska Furniture Mart

Wonderful place to start a career!

Current Employee - Customer Care Operations Manager  in  Omaha, NE
Current Employee - Customer Care Operations Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Nebraska Furniture Mart full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Strong family focus, customers always come first, More than half my family works here!! Great benefits and always doing constant reviews to make sure they are competitive. Also the employee discount is one of the best among the competition!

Cons

Easy to spend your paycheck on items from here, large campus to walk, only one food court place to choose from although its Subway so its not to bad.

Make sure you carry your culture into your new Texas destination!

43 Other Employee Reviews for Nebraska Furniture Mart (View Most Recent)

Not the same as it used to be.

Current Employee - Furniture Sales  in  Kansas City, KS
    Current Employee - Furniture Sales in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Nebraska Furniture Mart full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Hard work, long hours on your feet. Lots of walking. The Department managers do the best they can. Very good employee discounts.

Cons

I have been with Nebraska furniture for quite some time now. When I started the pay was pretty decent. The work was hard but I knew that I was going to be able to support my family. The SPE (Sales Performance Evaluation) was fair & I was rewarded for being a top performer with a 20% bonus. Over the years, Nebraska Furniture Mart has started viewing their sales people as a simple commodity rather than an asset. A new SPE & customer survey tool has become more punitive rather than constructive. The bonus I mentioned earlier is gone & virtually unattainable by the majority of the sales staff. Long time, seasoned sales people are being fired for not meeting the exaggerated expectations that are now placed on us. You walk around all day wondering when your number is going to be up. NFM has also been hiring a lot of new people & flooding the floor. With more competition for the customers everyone gets a smaller piece of the pie. I can support my family anymore & my legs & back won't support me after years of walking all over that huge store. It won't be long before they have used me up & I won't be of any use to them anymore. Don't let yourself be used like I did.

The general morale amongst the sales people is very low. Managers, you need to start listening to us. The company will not succeed if your employees aren't valued.

Best job you can find in retail

Current Employee - Sales  in  Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Sales in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Nebraska Furniture Mart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Higher Pay, Decent Health Insurance, Good management. If you want to advance, you must have a bachelor's degree-doesn't matter in what. Business is probably best, though. Let your managers know if you want to be on management track.

Cons

Mandatory holidays, Constant management shift, unrealistic sales goals. Normal problems that you find in any retail situation.

A fllooded sales floor means disgruntled employees that are solely commission.

There are newer employer reviews for Nebraska Furniture Mart

Worked for Nebraska Furniture Mart? Contribute to the Community!