There are newer employer reviews for Nebula

Opportunity of a lifetime!

Current Employee - Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Nebula full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Disruptive technology/groundbreaking product, legendary investors, absurdly smart people, open/collaborative culture.

Nebula's goal is to ignite a new era of global innovation by making big data and large scale computing accessible to every business in the world. We believe that the proliferation of data will fuel an "information revolution" across all industries, and will be enabled by democratizing web-scale cloud technology.

We're building the "iPhone of the datacenter". No consultants, no service agreements, just stable, vastly scalable infrastructure on demand. Private clouds made simple.

Cons

Small office space and parking is rough in downtown PA. but, it's 2 blocks from CalTrain!

Rock on!

12 Other Employee Reviews for Nebula (View Most Recent)

Unique Experience with Interesting Product

Former Employee - Technical Intern in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Intern in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Nebula as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Nebula is tackling technical problems that few other companies have to deal with (being both in the hardware and software business). The variety of work that needs to be done at Nebula and the highly-skilled employees both contribute to an environment in which any professional will be able to hone their skills.

Cons

There is occasionally a bit of bureaucratic in-fighting amoung the higher-ups at Nebula, and as a result getting support for a product change can be unnecessarily difficult. As an intern, it was difficult fighting through this in order to create value for the company.

For the internship program, consider doing a fuller job of scoping out work prior to the start of an internship; it can be frustrating to work on minor tasks or be blocked due to executive decisions for someone who is only with the company for a couple of months.

Working here was one of the best decisions I've ever made

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Nebula full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some amazingly smart people work here. I've learned dozens of widely used open source technologies, worked on a variety of stimulating problems, and made some life-long friends.

I've gained full-stack experience working on embedded systems, BIOS configuration, an initramfs, the Linux kernel, IPMI, a production SELinux policy, udev, LVM, MySQL, several distributed systems, virtualization, HTTP servers, and even client-side JavaScript.

Cons

We're venture-backed and still looking for a good market fit. We've got a million grand ideas that make it hard to have a clear product vision.

Enable better communication between sales and engineering. Help us to speed up our release cycle.

There are newer employer reviews for Nebula