Neighborhood Health Plan

There are newer employer reviews for Neighborhood Health Plan

Inspires loyalty and longevity

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Neighborhood Health Plan full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My supervisor at least encouraged career development through expansion of my responsibilities. Apparently others did too, as there are many employees who have been there 5+, even 10+, years, as well as many family members.

Friendly coworkers and regular company events lead to interoffice friendships, if you're into that sort of thing.

Top brass is relatively transparent, with regular all-staff meetings that go in detail about the financials, overall outlook, etc.

Organization promotes career development through informal and formal mentoring and hiring from within.

Formal training programs for new hires and refresher training for current employees ensures up-to-date knowledge across the board.

Cons

Salaries are high for a nonprofit, but on the low end for industry standards.

Siloing of departments leads to difficulty communicating across functional groups.

32 Other Employee Reviews for Neighborhood Health Plan (View Most Recent)

great environment, great people

I worked at Neighborhood Health Plan

Pros

company locate in a great area in boston, very convenient to work by subway. people are nice, not much pressure everyday

Cons

not much to say, maybe I did not stay long enough to find any bad stuff. at least in department I stayed, not sure about other departments.

Very Good Work Environment

Former Employee - Technology Specialist in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Technology Specialist in Boston, MA

I worked at Neighborhood Health Plan full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

NHP provides a diverse work environment that is a pleasure to work in. It has a laudable mission of providing low cost, high quality health care to disadvantaged segments of the population.

Cons

Internal politics sometimes gets in the way of getting things done. Employees can sometimes be overworked due to the business requirements being greater than the size of the workforce.

Consider hiring more people.

There are newer employer reviews for Neighborhood Health Plan