Neighborhood Health Plan
www.nhp.org Boston, MA 150 to 499 Employees

Inspires loyalty and longevity

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

ProsMy supervisor at least encouraged career development through expansion of my responsibilities. Apparently others did too, as there are many employees who have been there 5+, even 10+, years, as well as many family members.

Friendly coworkers and regular company events lead to interoffice friendships, if you're into that sort of thing.

Top brass is relatively transparent, with regular all-staff meetings that go in detail about the financials, overall outlook, etc.

Organization promotes career development through informal and formal mentoring and hiring from within.

Formal training programs for new hires and refresher training for current employees ensures up-to-date knowledge across the board.

ConsSalaries are high for a nonprofit, but on the low end for industry standards.

Siloing of departments leads to difficulty communicating across functional groups.

great environment, great people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Neighborhood Health Plan

Pros: company locate in a great area in boston, very convenient… Cons: not much to say, maybe I did not stay long enough to find… More

Very Good Work Environment

Technology Specialist (Former Employee)
    Boston, MA

I worked at Neighborhood Health Plan full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: NHP provides a diverse work environment that is a pleasure to work in. It has a… Cons: Internal politics sometimes gets in the way of getting things done. Employees can sometimes… Advice to Senior Management: Consider hiring more people. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Neighborhood Health Plan.

Worked for Neighborhood Health Plan? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Neighborhood Health Plan reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Neighborhood Health Plan CEO Deborah Enos. All reviews posted anonymously by Neighborhood Health Plan employees.