Neiman Marcus
www.neimanmarcus.com Dallas, TX 5000+ Employees

Most Horrible work experience with staff that acted as if we were in high school or grade school

Short Hills, NJ

I have been working at Neiman Marcus

ProsThe employee discount that Neiman Marcus offerred to their employees was pretty good in comparison to other retail stores in the area. That was a pro.

ConsThe downsides are very low salary earnings even though you worked almost 40 hours a week. Another con is how the other employees treated each other and how they would take sales. Other sales associates were snooby, unhelpful, did whatever they wanted while they were suppose to be working. There is no respect from co-workers and so much competition. Don't tell your co-worker that you opened a new NM credit card for a customer. The co-worker will catch a bad attitude towards you real FAST.

Advice to Senior ManagementFirst, hire some younger managers that know what they are doing. Second, a great manager should be consistently praising their sales associates and out on the selling floor with his or her team. Third, managers should never play favorites. Fourth, managers and the executive team should always respect and treat their staff like if they are gold. Without the selling staff, there would be no Neiman Marcus. Fifth, the general manager should make it a point to check up on her management team to make sure they are adhering to all the rules.

Magical yet heartbreaking.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

I have been working at Neiman Marcus

Pros: Great clients and great product make it worth it. Cons: The Executives at this particular store are bottom of the… Advice to Senior Management: Find real professionals to run this store. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Like a roller coaster, up and down over the years!

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Neiman Marcus

Pros: the merchandise is some of the best in the world.… Cons: Senior management has a degree of seperation from the sellers. Some dept managers are just going through the motions on… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Neiman Marcus.

Worked for Neiman Marcus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Neiman Marcus reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Neiman Marcus CEO Karen W. Katz. All reviews posted anonymously by Neiman Marcus employees.