Neiman Marcus

www.neimanmarcus.com
  www.neimanmarcus.com
There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus

Amazing retailer to begin a vocation....

Current Employee - Executive DRA in King of Prussia, PA
Current Employee - Executive DRA in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Neiman Marcus

Pros

Amazing Staff....even a more amazing clientele. Neiman Marcus has a great deal of empathy, compassion, and affability with it's employees and makes all efforts to communicate with you regarding any and all discrepancies that may occur while working there.

Cons

Sometimes there are long days where the hours are the same but an 8 hour shift feels like a 15 hour shift. Really, what drives the time is the volume of clients present, and if no one is present (except browsers), than the hours feel much more elongated, especially when your pay is more or less dependent upon your commission.

I think management does an amazing job at what they do. They continue to transcend our expectations for a management team. My only advice to them would be to keep up the good work....

389 Other Employee Reviews for Neiman Marcus (View Most Recent)

Outsourcing killed a good job

Former Employee - Technical Services in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Services in Irving, TX

I worked at Neiman Marcus

Pros

At one time, this was a fun place to work and the people were very professional for the most part and the work environment was decent.

Cons

When the outsourcing initiative started, there were a lot of bumps early on. The beginning was especially unpleasant.

For the most part, the level of management was professional and well groomed with a few exceptions. My only advise to management would be to consider in-sourcing and doing away with the sell out outsourcing which from what I understand is not going too well.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at Neiman Marcus

Pros

The customers are great. The people who work there are like everywhere else in that you will click with most but not all people. Overall, the atmosphere is friendly and fun.

Cons

The hours are very long.

Keep up the good work. I feel valued and management is great at motivating people to do their best.

There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus