Neiman Marcus
www.neimanmarcus.com Dallas, TX 5000+ Employees

Work like a dog for very low pay

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Neiman Marcus

ProsBenifits are pretty good and there is not a lot of Micro managing. Hours are much better than most retail stores.

ConsReturn rates are rediculous, zero return policy with chargebacks to employees up to one year after they sell an item. Average return rate is thirty to forty percent per pay period...very depressing when returns are out of associates control. Very hard to make a decent paycheck.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise the commission rates to reflect cost of living, pay hourly plus commission to the departments that have the highest return rates.

Some are more "equal" than others

Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Neiman Marcus

Pros: Good company to put on your resume Sellers get company… Cons: Extreme favoritism, management overlooks poor behavior by several associates, while holding others accountable for same actions Poor benefits, and you have to pay for parking Wages below… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your associates. We are the ones making you money, and if we express concerns it's not because we dislike the company, but because… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Amazing retailer to begin a vocation....

Executive DRA (Current Employee)
King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Neiman Marcus

Pros: Amazing Staff....even a more amazing clientele. Neiman Marcus has a great deal of empathy, compassion, and affability with it's… Cons: Sometimes there are long days where the hours are the same but an 8 hour shift feels like a 15 hour shift. Really, what drives… Advice to Senior Management: I think management does an amazing job at what they do. They continue to transcend our expectations… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Neiman Marcus.

Worked for Neiman Marcus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Neiman Marcus reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Neiman Marcus CEO Karen W. Katz. All reviews posted anonymously by Neiman Marcus employees.