Neiman Marcus

www.neimanmarcus.com
  www.neimanmarcus.com
There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus

Work like a dog for very low pay

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Neiman Marcus

Pros

Benifits are pretty good and there is not a lot of Micro managing. Hours are much better than most retail stores.

Cons

Return rates are rediculous, zero return policy with chargebacks to employees up to one year after they sell an item. Average return rate is thirty to forty percent per pay period...very depressing when returns are out of associates control. Very hard to make a decent paycheck.

Raise the commission rates to reflect cost of living, pay hourly plus commission to the departments that have the highest return rates.

389 Other Employee Reviews for Neiman Marcus (View Most Recent)

Amazing retailer to begin a vocation....

Current Employee - Executive DRA in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Executive DRA in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Neiman Marcus

Pros

Amazing Staff....even a more amazing clientele. Neiman Marcus has a great deal of empathy, compassion, and affability with it's employees and makes all efforts to communicate with you regarding any and all discrepancies that may occur while working there.

Cons

Sometimes there are long days where the hours are the same but an 8 hour shift feels like a 15 hour shift. Really, what drives the time is the volume of clients present, and if no one is present (except browsers), than the hours feel much more elongated, especially when your pay is more or less dependent upon your commission.

I think management does an amazing job at what they do. They continue to transcend our expectations for a management team. My only advice to them would be to keep up the good work....

Outsourcing killed a good job

Former Employee - Technical Services in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Services in Irving, TX

I worked at Neiman Marcus

Pros

At one time, this was a fun place to work and the people were very professional for the most part and the work environment was decent.

Cons

When the outsourcing initiative started, there were a lot of bumps early on. The beginning was especially unpleasant.

For the most part, the level of management was professional and well groomed with a few exceptions. My only advise to management would be to consider in-sourcing and doing away with the sell out outsourcing which from what I understand is not going too well.

There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus