Neiman Marcus
www.neimanmarcus.com Dallas, TX 5000+ Employees

If you're going to work retail, work here

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

ProsIf you're going to be standing on your feet for 9 hours a day, in a commissioned work environment you might as well make the most of your time. People who shop here have money. The ones who don't steer clear. With that said, you will be working more for your money as opposed to other commissioned based selling environments. Great benefits.

ConsIt's still retail. There are still those micromanagers, pointless performance reviews, (even when you are making your goals) working weekends, nights (my store was open until 7pm so I lucked out). Not much room to grow to management. No weekends off.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

it's very easy

Department Manager (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time for less than a year

Pros: No overtime, doesn't require any specific knowledge. Easy work. Cons: Lot's of physical tasks to do (merchandising the floor, mark downs, changing hangers, etc.) that do not need any knowledge… Advice to Senior Management: Pay more attention to new managers. Coaching, feedback on a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work... if you like working on commission.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

I worked at Neiman Marcus full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: If you love fashion and helping clients find their own sense of style. This… Cons: Highly competitive enviroment. Inside commission sales can be a cut throat business. Standing 8… Advice to Senior Management: Promote from within. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Neiman Marcus.

Worked for Neiman Marcus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Neiman Marcus reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Neiman Marcus CEO Karen W. Katz. All reviews posted anonymously by Neiman Marcus employees.