There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus

If you're going to work retail, work here

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time

Pros

If you're going to be standing on your feet for 9 hours a day, in a commissioned work environment you might as well make the most of your time. People who shop here have money. The ones who don't steer clear. With that said, you will be working more for your money as opposed to other commissioned based selling environments. Great benefits.

Cons

It's still retail. There are still those micromanagers, pointless performance reviews, (even when you are making your goals) working weekends, nights (my store was open until 7pm so I lucked out). Not much room to grow to management. No weekends off.

None.

356 Other Employee Reviews for Neiman Marcus (View Most Recent)

Loved the job- did not love the politics.

Former Employee - Couture Sales  in  Beverly Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Couture Sales in Beverly Hills, CA

I worked at Neiman Marcus full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing brands, designers, experience with customers (most), great benefits. It's great if you have an aggressive personality and thrive in a commission environment. It's the top luxury department store in service!

Cons

Upper management was unsupportive, unfair, and unprofessional. Sharks on the floor. Very difficult to climb the corporate ladder if that's what you're wanting to do, don't do it here. Very political company. Everyone is friends with someone and they have no moral compass for right or wrong. That's my experience.

Reward the employees who are passionate and staying late night after night. Encourage your team, don't divide them by showing favoritism and promoting those unworthy.

Good Pay But lots of Bureaucracy and BS

Current Employee - Host  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Host in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Neiman Marcus part-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay is good for the job and a lot of the people are very nice. You get to be around fancy clothes.

Cons

I saw a couple cases where people were given unrealistic expectations about what there job would be, how many hours, chances for promotion and things like that. The main goal of the management seems to be to keep the next level up of management from getting into their business which isn't helpful and leads to a lot of facades and lack of communication.

There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus

Worked for Neiman Marcus? Contribute to the Community!