Neiman Marcus

www.neimanmarcus.com
  www.neimanmarcus.com
There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Plano, TX

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The management was very good in that they were understanding and flexible.

Cons

There is a lot of favoritism, people get moved up when they have not showed that they strive daily for the greater good of the company.

Team-building is key! Everyone should be manged in such a way that there strengths benefit the employees, the customer, and the stakeholders. I don't doubt my success when i see potential competition handle issues in such an unhealthy, productive manor.

386 Other Employee Reviews for Neiman Marcus (View Most Recent)

Loved the job- did not love the politics.

Former Employee - Couture Sales in Beverly Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Couture Sales in Beverly Hills, CA

I worked at Neiman Marcus full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Amazing brands, designers, experience with customers (most), great benefits. It's great if you have an aggressive personality and thrive in a commission environment. It's the top luxury department store in service!

Cons

Upper management was unsupportive, unfair, and unprofessional. Sharks on the floor. Very difficult to climb the corporate ladder if that's what you're wanting to do, don't do it here. Very political company. Everyone is friends with someone and they have no moral compass for right or wrong. That's my experience.

Reward the employees who are passionate and staying late night after night. Encourage your team, don't divide them by showing favoritism and promoting those unworthy.

Good Pay But lots of Bureaucracy and BS

Current Employee - Host in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Host in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Neiman Marcus part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay is good for the job and a lot of the people are very nice. You get to be around fancy clothes.

Cons

I saw a couple cases where people were given unrealistic expectations about what there job would be, how many hours, chances for promotion and things like that. The main goal of the management seems to be to keep the next level up of management from getting into their business which isn't helpful and leads to a lot of facades and lack of communication.

There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus