Sales Support-Texas Location

Current Employee - Sales Support
Current Employee - Sales Support

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time

Pros

It pays you enough to survive. Most of the coworkers are pleasant. Customers are pleasant. Discounts and benefits are pretty good.

Cons

Store executives tend to be arrogant and condescending. Respect rolls uphill only. Little or no training but high expectations (unless you are a store level executive). Outdated equipment for support staff. No opprtunity for advancement (only at certain locations). Company policies and procedures vary by location. Overall store morale the poorest that I have seen in retail. Very political. Corporate executives are blind as long as the sales associates are raking in the sales.

Advice to Management

Come down from the ivory tower and take interest in your stores and the people that got you where you are.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Amazing place to work.

I worked at Neiman Marcus

Pros

My strongest personal friendships were made at Neiman Marcus. They offer great incentives for associates and have an excellent training program. They promote usually internally and it's a family atmosphere.

Cons

Draw vs. commission---if you don't sell you go into arrears and that can suck. It can take you a long time to get out of the "hole"

Advice to Management

Please don't play favorites

you take the good with the bad...and the bad...and the bad...and the bad

Current Employee - Assistant Human Resources Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Human Resources Manager

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

paycheck every 2 weeks...thats about it

Cons

8 hr day consists of 2 hours of HR work and 6 hours of trying to accommodate managers that have zero people skills, zero sales experience, and zero idea what they should be doing to earn their check. I think of jobs I have had where "other duties as needed" is a reality. Manager didnt staff department properly, you end up on the floor selling...no commission mind you but there you are. Senior staff doesnt understand the function of HR so you get no respect and are volunteered for all the crap side projects that noone else wants to do.

Advice to Management

stop trying to compensate for poor self image and actually manage something. Sorry you have daddy issues but treating the store like your own personal social media outlet really isnt what Dallas is paying you 100k for. Stop blaming the associates for not dedicating their entire existance to the store...they actually have a life away from the store that takes precedence. You have no life out of work, you are divorced (big surprise), cannot legally marry, or you are just a jackass and have no friends so there is nothing else in life for you. Do I need to go on?