There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus

Great work environment, with excellent perks.

Current Employee - Business Manager
Current Employee - Business Manager

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Discount. Quality of Managements. HR team. Customer demographic.

Cons

Management salaries for new managers.

Pay your assistants better, so you are able to recruit the best talent!

370 Other Employee Reviews for Neiman Marcus (View Most Recent)

Smoke and Mirrors

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time (less than an year)

Pros

free iphone. good discounts on clothing.

Cons

management is disconnected and offers zero support to associates. the straight commission atmosphere welcomes horrific work environment. competition is unbearable: backstabbing, and dirty play. Additionally: most days ALL of the sales associates feel as if we are paying to do hard labor for neiman marcus, given that if you dont meet your numbers then you OWE the company the difference (and its taken straight out of your paycheck).

BE THERE! In a commissions based environment that is supposedly focused on "wow"ing customer, then your associates will need help at times doing tasks that take attention away from selling. DON'T ACT AS IF YOU ARE ABOVE US! It's retail! NO JOB IS GLAMOUROUS IN RETAIL!

oh- and try to make the schedule before the day before you would like your employees to be at work. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A WORK LIFE BALANCE! Our manager expects us to be willing to work 24/7 and also frequently tells us that we are all "disposable" and "replaceable". Talk about motivation to show up.

Its Retail.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Neiman Marcus full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice discounts, Better pay than most retail stores. The hours weren't too bad, Usually 9-6 or10-7. Loved my clients and some of the co workers here. Schedules given a month in advance.

Cons

Dog eat dog between older co workers and new employees. Managers were never to be found when needed. Since it is a higher end retail store some days you would be dead, on thoses days you were given a list of people to call to do over the phone orders. Could be very borning at times if you are someone who likes a more fast paced place of work. No room to advance.

Get involded. Dont hide in your office all day. If one of your employees come to you with a problem dont talk about it to all your managment friends

There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus