Smoke and Mirrors

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

free iphone. good discounts on clothing.

Cons

management is disconnected and offers zero support to associates. the straight commission atmosphere welcomes horrific work environment. competition is unbearable: backstabbing, and dirty play. Additionally: most days ALL of the sales associates feel as if we are paying to do hard labor for neiman marcus, given that if you dont meet your numbers then you OWE the company the difference (and its taken straight out of your paycheck).

Advice to Management

BE THERE! In a commissions based environment that is supposedly focused on "wow"ing customer, then your associates will need help at times doing tasks that take attention away from selling. DON'T ACT AS IF YOU ARE ABOVE US! It's retail! NO JOB IS GLAMOUROUS IN RETAIL! oh- and try to make the schedule before the day before you would like your employees to be at work. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A WORK LIFE BALANCE! Our manager expects us to be willing to work 24/7 and also frequently tells us that we are all "disposable" and "replaceable". Talk about motivation to show up.

Other Employee Reviews for Neiman Marcus

Tough to make any money first year.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Neiman Marcus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice management and clients The mariposa restaurant

Cons

Sales goals. Not seeing any customers for an entire day. Somber mood. Commission hard to get out side of sales periods

Advice to Management

Brighten up the atmosphere. management plays passive aggressive and hold a grudge

One of the most TOXIC environments to work at

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great discounts, Company iPhone , great discounts

Cons

Too many associates not enough customers, rediculous return policies( might as well give them the merchandise) no set schedule, older employees are jaded and judge every customer, way too much gossiping on all of the sales floors makes you so sick, If you don't make your goal even once they threaten to fire you,not the company it used to be.

Advice to Management

Get rid of all your TOXIC, negative, jealous associates and you'll have the customer service levels alot higher.