Neiman Marcus

There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus

Smoke and Mirrors

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time (less than an year)

Pros

free iphone. good discounts on clothing.

Cons

management is disconnected and offers zero support to associates. the straight commission atmosphere welcomes horrific work environment. competition is unbearable: backstabbing, and dirty play. Additionally: most days ALL of the sales associates feel as if we are paying to do hard labor for neiman marcus, given that if you dont meet your numbers then you OWE the company the difference (and its taken straight out of your paycheck).

BE THERE! In a commissions based environment that is supposedly focused on "wow"ing customer, then your associates will need help at times doing tasks that take attention away from selling. DON'T ACT AS IF YOU ARE ABOVE US! It's retail! NO JOB IS GLAMOUROUS IN RETAIL!

oh- and try to make the schedule before the day before you would like your employees to be at work. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A WORK LIFE BALANCE! Our manager expects us to be willing to work 24/7 and also frequently tells us that we are all "disposable" and "replaceable". Talk about motivation to show up.

389 Other Employee Reviews for Neiman Marcus (View Most Recent)

One of the most TOXIC environments to work at

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great discounts, Company iPhone , great discounts

Cons

Too many associates not enough customers, rediculous return policies( might as well give them the merchandise) no set schedule, older employees are jaded and judge every customer, way too much gossiping on all of the sales floors makes you so sick, If you don't make your goal even once they threaten to fire you,not the company it used to be.

Get rid of all your TOXIC, negative, jealous associates and you'll have the customer service levels alot higher.

Its Retail.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Neiman Marcus full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice discounts, Better pay than most retail stores. The hours weren't too bad, Usually 9-6 or10-7. Loved my clients and some of the co workers here. Schedules given a month in advance.

Cons

Dog eat dog between older co workers and new employees. Managers were never to be found when needed. Since it is a higher end retail store some days you would be dead, on thoses days you were given a list of people to call to do over the phone orders. Could be very borning at times if you are someone who likes a more fast paced place of work. No room to advance.

Get involded. Dont hide in your office all day. If one of your employees come to you with a problem dont talk about it to all your managment friends

There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus