Neiman Marcus

www.neimanmarcus.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus

Great environment to work in but.........

Current Employee - Customer Care Associate in Irving, TX
Current Employee - Customer Care Associate in Irving, TX

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There is a sense of togetherness. Everyone wants to help each other to be successful.There are opportunities to move up after 6 months of employment.

Cons

We were hired as full time associates. Because business has been slow our paychecks have been 55-60 hours instead of 80!!! Don't our bills and families matter? It does not feel good to be able to earn full time hours when it is convenient for the company.

Allow us to earn the hours we were hired for. Morale is not very good among workers. We have went through a tedious training process to be hired full time......now we're not being given those hours. Making so little hours I cannot afford insurance!!

424 Other Employee Reviews for Neiman Marcus (View Most Recent)

not the best place to work

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time (less than a year)

Pros

amazing clothes and products and discounts but I spent all my money there

Cons

rude caty snotty staff, very competitive staff, upper management stand offish and nasty, to many staff to little customers can get boring, not seeing daylight being trapped in a department store all day, only get commission if you break your target and if you dont break your target then that negative gets carried over to next month so you end up in a big hole which you can never get out of and you get unfair targets and its unrealistic sales goals

reward staff more

Good company with great benefits.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pros – It is very easy to communicate with team members and management. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help each other out to get the task at hand done. Work with happy people with nice smiling faces.
     Discounts are great. Free iphone.

Cons

Cons – upper-middle management is very focused on numbers. Too many associates not enough customers.Could be very boring at times if you are someone who likes a more fast paced place of work. No room to advance. Our manager expects us to be willing to work 24/7 and also frequently tells us that we are all "disposable" and "replaceable". Talk about motivation to show up.

Please appreciate your team.. Listen, contemplate and revise, sometimes there is another way. Don't treat your employees like they are five years old, give them real, constructive criticism to help build and groom each person - not make us feel as though we are 5 years old.

There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus