There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus

Don't be fooled by the new and shiny exterior.

Former Employee - Optimum Support  in  Bellevue, WA
Former Employee - Optimum Support in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Neiman Marcus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management is very budget conscious; therefore, you never have to work overtime. Once in a while you get a great discount on merchandise.

Cons

Neiman's presents itself as a financially successful company. Truth is, I have never worked for a company as cheap as them. You get the feeling that any second the whole company will collapse.

364 Other Employee Reviews for Neiman Marcus (View Most Recent)

Good company with great benefits.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pros – It is very easy to communicate with team members and management. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help each other out to get the task at hand done. Work with happy people with nice smiling faces.
     Discounts are great. Free iphone.

Cons

Cons – upper-middle management is very focused on numbers. Too many associates not enough customers.Could be very boring at times if you are someone who likes a more fast paced place of work. No room to advance. Our manager expects us to be willing to work 24/7 and also frequently tells us that we are all "disposable" and "replaceable". Talk about motivation to show up.

Please appreciate your team.. Listen, contemplate and revise, sometimes there is another way. Don't treat your employees like they are five years old, give them real, constructive criticism to help build and groom each person - not make us feel as though we are 5 years old.

A new challenge each day.

Current Employee - Product Specialist  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Neiman Marcus part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Neiman Marcus is a great place to work. One will definitely learn something new each day. The key to success is overcoming obstacles in a professional manner. Your customer is priority number one.It is your job to make them feel that intent on your part.

Cons

The working environment can be a challenge at times due to the way the selling style has changed. Your job is to stay focused on the task at hand and do not forget to follow through with each and every customer you assist.

Don't expect your employees to do anything that you yourself would not do.

There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus

Worked for Neiman Marcus? Contribute to the Community!