Neiman Marcus
www.neimanmarcus.com Dallas, TX 5000+ Employees

No Chance for Advancement

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Honolulu, HI

I worked at Neiman Marcus part-time for more than a year

ProsHuge discounts - which makes you spend your hard earned money back to them.
Discounts at their restaurant.
No late working hours.
Some staff are nice and friendly.

ConsSnobby staff. Snotty customers
Competitive when it comes to selling in your department. Every customer belongs to someone else so you're not allowed to make a sale.
Due to competitiveness, co-workers get jealous often. Make a big sale and expect the others to notice it. They're not giving you a compliment on the good job you did, they are envious and wish it was them instead of you.
It's boring. Most hours go by without any customer coming in.
Don't expect to go anywhere, once you're a sales associate, you're going to be stuck here.
Customers returning what they bought because of NM's crazy return policy.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't know where you go, but, stay on the floor long enough to see that those long-time employees of yours aren't the best employees you've got. They are the ones who gets jealous and disappears during their shifts. They are the ones who take extremely long breaks. Recognize your employees for the work they have done and not how long they have stayed with the company.

Great environment to work in but.........

Customer Care Associate (Current Employee)
Irving, TX

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time for less than a year

Pros: There is a sense of togetherness. Everyone wants to help each other… Cons: We were hired as full time associates. Because business has been slow our paychecks have been 55-60 hours instead of 80!!! Don't our… Advice to Senior Management: Allow us to earn the hours we were hired for. Morale is not very good among workers. We have went through a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great company to work for

Counter Manager (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

I worked at Neiman Marcus full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great discount on products Great motivational management Great visual department Supportive of employees… Cons: Petty combative sales staff that fight over sales No career… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Neiman Marcus.

Worked for Neiman Marcus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Neiman Marcus reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Neiman Marcus CEO Karen W. Katz. All reviews posted anonymously by Neiman Marcus employees.