Neiman Marcus
www.neimanmarcus.com Dallas, TX 5000+ Employees

Treat it as your own business and you will succeed

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

ProsIn control of how you want to run your business (for the most part, aside from micromanagement), it is nice to see the newest items/trends, contests to win NM money and/or product and I found it very satisfying to build trusting, long-term relationships with clients/some co-workers and some vendors.

ConsThe dept managers are under a huge amount of pressure from the merchandise managers, they are super stressed by the store managers and they are stressed by corporate. Some of the managers are really great...Others treat you like you are 10 years old. Even when some of the sales associates are twice their age.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease try to create a trusting environment in the department.

Good!

Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great employee discount. Hours for coordinator really good. Cons: Need to stay at 37.5 hours per week. No… More

Overall Good experience

Intern (Current Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good discount! There was a family-like atmosphere that I really enjoyed. I was an intern so I… Cons: The sales atmosphere is extremely competitive. When in competition, associates are not very… Advice to Senior Management: Try to get in touch with associates in more of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Neiman Marcus.

Worked for Neiman Marcus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Neiman Marcus reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Neiman Marcus CEO Karen W. Katz. All reviews posted anonymously by Neiman Marcus employees.