Neiman Marcus

www.neimanmarcus.com
  www.neimanmarcus.com
There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus

Treat it as your own business and you will succeed

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Neiman Marcus full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

In control of how you want to run your business (for the most part, aside from micromanagement), it is nice to see the newest items/trends, contests to win NM money and/or product and I found it very satisfying to build trusting, long-term relationships with clients/some co-workers and some vendors.

Cons

The dept managers are under a huge amount of pressure from the merchandise managers, they are super stressed by the store managers and they are stressed by corporate. Some of the managers are really great...Others treat you like you are 10 years old. Even when some of the sales associates are twice their age.

Please try to create a trusting environment in the department.

389 Other Employee Reviews for Neiman Marcus (View Most Recent)

Don't be fooled by the new and shiny exterior.

Former Employee - Optimum Support in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Optimum Support in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Neiman Marcus full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Management is very budget conscious; therefore, you never have to work overtime. Once in a while you get a great discount on merchandise.

Cons

Neiman's presents itself as a financially successful company. Truth is, I have never worked for a company as cheap as them. You get the feeling that any second the whole company will collapse.

Great environment to work in but.........

Current Employee - Customer Care Associate in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Care Associate in Irving, TX

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There is a sense of togetherness. Everyone wants to help each other to be successful.There are opportunities to move up after 6 months of employment.

Cons

We were hired as full time associates. Because business has been slow our paychecks have been 55-60 hours instead of 80!!! Don't our bills and families matter? It does not feel good to be able to earn full time hours when it is convenient for the company.

Allow us to earn the hours we were hired for. Morale is not very good among workers. We have went through a tedious training process to be hired full time......now we're not being given those hours. Making so little hours I cannot afford insurance!!

There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus