Neiman Marcus

www.neimanmarcus.com

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Product Specialist  in  Miami, FL
Current Employee - Product Specialist in Miami, FL

Pros

Discounts, fashion events, celebrity events and shoppers.

Cons

Pressure to make sales quotas

Most companies like to promote from within, however I have not seen that Neiman Marcus. I would advise that upper management train their team so that one day a member of that team can lead. Many employees feel upset that management promotes outsiders that have never worked for Neiman Marcus.

Other reviews for Neiman Marcus

Interesting but not stimulating

Former Employee - Neiman Marcus Buying Intern  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Neiman Marcus Buying Intern in Dallas, TX

Pros

Discount, dallas location, events and promos

Cons

The people, the corporate culture, and the salary

Sell your heart out - or get out. Also note, I never intended for long term employment.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

Pros

Wonderful department manager that was extremely dedicated and professional, amazing chocolate chip cookies at The Zodiac, a personal pro was that I had no intention of long term employment plans with NM, and an employee discount (only used on cosmetics) never hurts. Also occasional contests/giveaways/raffles with pretty great prizes!

Cons

Depending on department managements, fellow coworkers, competitiveness, and personal approach to conflict, could get dicey and catty arguing over customers. Fortunately for me, I got a job at NM because I was bored on my sabbatical and as I wasn't trying to make a living off of NM compensation, it was easier to walk away from arguments over customers and just let it go to keep the peace. Like most retail, opportunity to advance into leadership role is based on more on sales #s and years with company, as opposed to management skills.

Consider revising compensation structure, downturn in luxury retail sales makes it especially difficult to earn a living, higher turnover, associates itching to get out and find a consistent paycheck.

There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus.

Worked for Neiman Marcus? Contribute to the Community!