There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus

This company need professional president and CEO in Dallas ,

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Neiman Marcus full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I work at Neiman for few years , this company has , main issue in Dallas , never give you opportunity to growth , every employee has been watch under cameras , to ensure they working , I'm laughing about that now

Cons

Competitors : very strong , unfortunately Stanley Marcus dream is over ,

Need new management , the one in charge at this moment , it's not capable to growth

377 Other Employee Reviews for Neiman Marcus (View Most Recent)

OST

I worked at Neiman Marcus

Pros

Discounts are great, but you end up spending all of your money.

Cons

Terrible HR and Management. Lack of respect, and inefficient practices.

Sell your heart out - or get out. Also note, I never intended for long term employment.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at Neiman Marcus full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Wonderful department manager that was extremely dedicated and professional, amazing chocolate chip cookies at The Zodiac, a personal pro was that I had no intention of long term employment plans with NM, and an employee discount (only used on cosmetics) never hurts. Also occasional contests/giveaways/raffles with pretty great prizes!

Cons

Depending on department managements, fellow coworkers, competitiveness, and personal approach to conflict, could get dicey and catty arguing over customers. Fortunately for me, I got a job at NM because I was bored on my sabbatical and as I wasn't trying to make a living off of NM compensation, it was easier to walk away from arguments over customers and just let it go to keep the peace. Like most retail, opportunity to advance into leadership role is based on more on sales #s and years with company, as opposed to management skills.

Consider revising compensation structure, downturn in luxury retail sales makes it especially difficult to earn a living, higher turnover, associates itching to get out and find a consistent paycheck.

There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus