Neiman Marcus

www.neimanmarcus.com

For the retail industry, this can be a fun and interesting place to work!

Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsFun staff, fun managers, nice setting and atmosphere, interesting customers, benefits, etc. (in short, pretty standard for retail, but upscale, so that gives it a nice touch, as compared to other places).

ConsDepending on your role, the pay varies (sales vs. non sales roles). Obviously, if in sales, it can vary even more and is really what you make of it. Some sales employees did VERY well (yes, this meant selling a huge amount of products, but at this point, it is really something you either love or don't love to do).

Advice to Senior ManagementNone really, my experience was almost always pleasant. They have a pretty good structure in place, in terms of lots of roles for each little niche.

Review of sales department workforce

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Neiman Marcus full-time

Pros: Great customers and merchandise rotation Cons: Too many salesmen on the floor No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

exposure great brands

I have been working at Neiman Marcus

Pros: best merchandise, gain great experience Cons: not clearly defined job descriptions / crossover in responsibilities Advice to Senior Management: more manager presence on selling floor Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Neiman Marcus.

Worked for Neiman Marcus? Contribute to the Community!