There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus

Commission Sales Womens's Designer-Couture

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Neiman Marcus full-time for less than a year

Pros

Focused only on sales...No tasks involved.

Cons

Too competitive and very unfriendly co-workers!

Pay attention to moral!

354 Other Employee Reviews for Neiman Marcus (View Most Recent)

absolutely awful, misery inducing atmosphere

Former Employee - Designated Selling Associate  in  Natick, MA
    Former Employee - Designated Selling Associate in Natick, MA

I worked at Neiman Marcus full-time for more than a year

Pros

ONLY PRO IS THE DISCOUNT

Cons

oh where do i even begin-I would never EVER let anyone I know work or shop here now after knowing the company

lets start at the beginning- was not fully provided with information regarding the pay structure,you dont even want to know the pay/commission structure- absolutely disgusting coming from a billion dollar company which i guess is the reason why our unprofessional, untrained HR department fails to include some important pieces of information. Truly spent more money in the store (because of extra employee discounts that lure you in), than i even made in my 2 years with them.

also regarding health insurance.....a $2,000 deductible for a single healthy young woman is absolutely ridiculous especially on top of the $6,000 i paid in total for 2013 to even have health insurance. The corporation does not give a crap about the sales associates despite us doing the most work and truly being the bread and butter of the company.

98% of coworkers are absolutely evil, greedy, terrible human beings that thrive on creating drama- any of the respectful, hard working, exceptionally skilled fellow coworkers i have had, were all fired for silly ridiculous reasons that i would not even consider legitimate reasons for termination.Basically, If you are making great sales numbers then your bad behaviors will be completely overlooked.

The hours suck and you will have absolutely no social life due to working all weekends,holidays etc. And forget about taking a sick day- no sick pay!!!! Thus everyone comes in sick and passes everything around the store, And even if you have to call in sick, you will be shamed and looked down upon.

Could go on for days about the cons......

Dont always act like you are better than associates when the sales associates are truly making ALL of your money for you- be more appreciative and respectful and that is including the corporate aspect as well, i.e. benefits

Most of the managers are not highly educated and dont have many skills but they rule like they are Nazi's or that we are all in preschool- we are all adults and it is completely disgusting to talk down upon us and scold us like children.

managers SHOULD NEVER become involved in the gossip within the store- it is awful enough that it completely takes over sales associates but managers should be more responsible than that- after getting to know the true characters of people (after the initial fake phase), it was absolutely disgusting to see managers involving themselves in gossip and drama and have no shame in getting innocent people fired- led to a complete lack of respect for managers. and the General Manager of my location was the worst one of them all!!!

The HR department in my store would treat issues as though we are in elementary school- it became very laughable and obviously not conducive to conflict resolution.

Product Specialist for Guerlain Cosmetics

Former Employee - Product Specialist  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Product Specialist in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Neiman Marcus full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Best hourly wage and benefits

Cons

The position I had was through Neiman's and Guerlain Cosmetics I didn't really experience the cons of the job.

Minneapolis store should not have closed.

There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus

Worked for Neiman Marcus? Contribute to the Community!