There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus

Excellent company, benefits, salary, customers, & hours

Former Employee - Selling Specialist in Frontenac, MO
Former Employee - Selling Specialist in Frontenac, MO

I worked at Neiman Marcus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can be as successful as you put your mind to and make a good living

Cons

Beware of long-term associates that have become "Neiman-nized", which is snooty, vindictive, & full of greed

Advice to Management

There's more than just the bottom dollar! Focus on creating an overall enforcement of integrity expected by all with NO exceptions to the rule. I was terminated after several attempts by 2 human resource persons who became highly intrigued to obtain information about me personally; i.e a man that I was dating. He was very successful, affluent, & very soon began to enhance my lifestyle. These women became very jealous because I now wore nice David Yurman, Chanel, & more. I was happier in my job there, performed beyond my goals as I'd always had, but now even more. No matter what, I was a target as my peers would check my register behind a big sale i'd rung up, cancel it out, & re-ring it under there #. Reporting it to management never resolved anything, because they felt that I didn't need the money anyway, yet continued to set outrageous goals for me. Ultimately, my now fiancé had purchased a gift card for me for Christmas to shop at Neiman's, & when he purchased he, they just rang it under his name. I waited for 30/30, and began to shop for my cosmetics, and also bought him a jacket for my gift to him. Within days I was escorted to LP, awaiting was the 2 HR girls with huge smiles, as they told me that they had to let me go for theft! I asked what theft & they said they did not have to legally explain the details. I retained an attorney, & also during filing for unemployment they'd mentioned on the recorded call, that they have video of my "theft". Unemployment gave them a timeframe to submit it, but what they got instead was a completely different reason for my termination, which was now "discount abuse"! They ultimately lost the case against unemployment, and the other segment I can not discuss legally, but I was NOT on the losing end. As a highly reputable company, I felt that corporate should have released these women from their position to maintain the integrity of the company & careful of who they allow to represent their brand. To date, the two are still there and have continued their charades with others who have been forced to leave & landed down the hall at Saks. I had since attempted to get onboard at Saks or Nordstrom & in a chance encounter, I'd become acquainted with the GM at a Nordstrom here. In confidence, she told me that the 2 HR girls at Neimans had told her during a reference call that I walked out of Neimans with $100k of stolen goods, I am a notorious lawsuit queen, they have a special video for training showing me stealing (which I have NEVER stolen an item in my entire life), & that I had an affair with one of their husbands(which I don't know either of their spouses) . Though they have set out to destroy my reputation, I have a strong faith & KNOW that their Karma is upon them.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Product Specialist for Guerlain Cosmetics

Former Employee - Product Specialist in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Product Specialist in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Neiman Marcus full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Best hourly wage and benefits

Cons

The position I had was through Neiman's and Guerlain Cosmetics I didn't really experience the cons of the job.

Advice to Management

Minneapolis store should not have closed.

Commission Sales Womens's Designer-Couture

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Neiman Marcus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Focused only on sales...No tasks involved.

Cons

Too competitive and very unfriendly co-workers!

Advice to Management

Pay attention to moral!