There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus

Excellent environment

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Northbrook, IL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great co-workers and very professional arena, enjoy customer interaction and clientele. Look forward to expanding my horizons.

Cons

Learn at my own speed, like more availability to information sources with direction. More structured training not just what has to protect employer.

Training

354 Other Employee Reviews for Neiman Marcus (View Most Recent)

Excellent company, benefits, salary, customers, & hours

Former Employee - Selling Specialist  in  Frontenac, MO
    Former Employee - Selling Specialist in Frontenac, MO

I worked at Neiman Marcus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You can be as successful as you put your mind to and make a good living

Cons

Beware of long-term associates that have become "Neiman-nized", which is snooty, vindictive, & full of greed

There's more than just the bottom dollar! Focus on creating an overall enforcement of integrity expected by all with NO exceptions to the rule. I was terminated after several attempts by 2 human resource persons who became highly intrigued to obtain information about me personally; i.e a man that I was dating. He was very successful, affluent, & very soon began to enhance my lifestyle. These women became very jealous because I now wore nice David Yurman, Chanel, & more. I was happier in my job there, performed beyond my goals as I'd always had, but now even more. No matter what, I was a target as my peers would check my register behind a big sale i'd rung up, cancel it out, & re-ring it under there #. Reporting it to management never resolved anything, because they felt that I didn't need the money anyway, yet continued to set outrageous goals for me. Ultimately, my now fiancé had purchased a gift card for me for Christmas to shop at Neiman's, & when he purchased he, they just rang it under his name. I waited for 30/30, and began to shop for my cosmetics, and also bought him a jacket for my gift to him. Within days I was escorted to LP, awaiting was the 2 HR girls with huge smiles, as they told me that they had to let me go for theft! I asked what theft & they said they did not have to legally explain the details. I retained an attorney, & also during filing for unemployment they'd mentioned on the recorded call, that they have video of my "theft". Unemployment gave them a timeframe to submit it, but what they got instead was a completely different reason for my termination, which was now "discount abuse"! They ultimately lost the case against unemployment, and the other segment I can not discuss legally, but I was NOT on the losing end. As a highly reputable company, I felt that corporate should have released these women from their position to maintain the integrity of the company & careful of who they allow to represent their brand. To date, the two are still there and have continued their charades with others who have been forced to leave & landed down the hall at Saks. I had since attempted to get onboard at Saks or Nordstrom & in a chance encounter, I'd become acquainted with the GM at a Nordstrom here. In confidence, she told me that the 2 HR girls at Neimans had told her during a reference call that I walked out of Neimans with $100k of stolen goods, I am a notorious lawsuit queen, they have a special video for training showing me stealing (which I have NEVER stolen an item in my entire life), & that I had an affair with one of their husbands(which I don't know either of their spouses) . Though they have set out to destroy my reputation, I have a strong faith & KNOW that their Karma is upon them.

Commission Sales Womens's Designer-Couture

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Neiman Marcus full-time for less than a year

Pros

Focused only on sales...No tasks involved.

Cons

Too competitive and very unfriendly co-workers!

Pay attention to moral!

There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus

Worked for Neiman Marcus? Contribute to the Community!