Excellent environment

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Northbrook, IL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers and very professional arena, enjoy customer interaction and clientele. Look forward to expanding my horizons.

Cons

Learn at my own speed, like more availability to information sources with direction. More structured training not just what has to protect employer.

Advice to Management

Training

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Not a very nice place to work!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Irving, TX

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Discounts, can work from home

Cons

Very rude customers, no management support, was told 'getting cussed out by the customer is apart our job'.

Advice to Management

None

absolutely awful, misery inducing atmosphere

Former Employee - Designated Selling Associate in Natick, MA
    Former Employee - Designated Selling Associate in Natick, MA

I worked at Neiman Marcus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ONLY PRO IS THE DISCOUNT

Cons

oh where do i even begin-I would never EVER let anyone I know work or shop here now after knowing the company lets start at the beginning- was not fully provided with information regarding the pay structure,you dont even want to know the pay/commission structure- absolutely disgusting coming from a billion dollar company which i guess is the reason why our unprofessional, untrained HR department fails to include some important pieces of information. Truly spent more money in the store (because of extra employee discounts that lure you in), than i even made in my 2 years with them. also regarding health insurance.....a $2,000 deductible for a single healthy young woman is absolutely ridiculous especially on top of the $6,000 i paid in total for 2013 to even have health insurance. The corporation does not give a crap about the sales associates despite us doing the most work and truly being the bread and butter of the company. 98% of coworkers are absolutely evil, greedy, terrible human beings that thrive on creating drama- any of the respectful, hard working, exceptionally skilled fellow coworkers i have had, were all fired for silly ridiculous reasons that i would not even consider legitimate reasons for termination.Basically, If you are making great sales numbers then your bad behaviors will be completely overlooked. The hours suck and you will have absolutely no social life due to working all weekends,holidays etc. And forget about taking a sick day- no sick pay!!!! Thus everyone comes in sick and passes everything around the store, And even if you have to call in sick, you will be shamed and looked down upon. Could go on for days about the cons......

Advice to Management

Dont always act like you are better than associates when the sales associates are truly making ALL of your money for you- be more appreciative and respectful and that is including the corporate aspect as well, i.e. benefits Most of the managers are not highly educated and dont have many skills but they rule like they are Nazi's or that we are all in preschool- we are all adults and it is completely disgusting to talk down upon us and scold us like children. managers SHOULD NEVER become involved in the gossip within the store- it is awful enough that it completely takes over sales associates but managers should be more responsible than that- after getting to know the true characters of people (after the initial fake phase), it was absolutely disgusting to see managers involving themselves in gossip and drama and have no shame in getting innocent people fired- led to a complete lack of respect for managers. and the General Manager of my location was the worst one of them all!!! The HR department in my store would treat issues as though we are in elementary school- it became very laughable and obviously not conducive to conflict resolution.