Professional and Time prompt

Current Intern - Neiman Marcus Corporate Intern in Dallas, TX
Current Intern - Neiman Marcus Corporate Intern in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Neiman Marcus as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

High - Quality and Professional Neiman Marcus was very professional with my interview process. It took a little over 2 months from when I first was told that I can take their online test to when I was offered the position.

Cons

I would not really say there are any cons, as I have not began my internship as of yet but I can say I am a little nervous to relocate to Texas for the summer as I am from the Northeast.

Other Employee Reviews for Neiman Marcus

1. It's "Retail".

Current Employee - Client Support
    Current Employee - Client Support

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The hours of operation are great!. I can't say that I've ever known or worked for "any" department store that has closed at 8pm, nice. Employee discount is good. And they also give you "double" discount during certain months, fabulous way to stock up on cosmetics or something that you adore that cost a fortune!. Great way to learn and gain amazing experience on all the best fashion designers and trends. Great way for someone young or someone that is looking to get their foot in the door to a career in fashion "outside" the store (it's a great stepping stone).

Cons

It's "RETAIL". The slow times are the same slow times as any other department store no matter how glamourous the store is!. It's all commission. You are in a tank full of sharks that are waiting in the same waiting pool as you to strike at the same bait that you are waiting for. Be prepared to grow thick skin and take the punches as well as throw them. But in the same waiting pool, you do meet some amazing people that "are" your friends and will show you a trick or two. Don't expect this job to pay the bills. Make sure you have alternate financial back up. Lastly; it's "retail", you should know when you first apply what it's all about, it's not rocket science!.

Advice to Management

Fair.

2. Great stable place to work

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of the best retailers in the industry. Committed to leadership and being the best. They are committed to growing the business in a smart way. They have growth opportunities in the traditional business as well as their online business. A lot of very talented people work there. They offer a good work life balance

Cons

Outside of the merchant organization, it is hard to progress or move into other areas of the company. People should not be paid more just because they have a graduate degree, but very little value is given for MBAs. Benefits don't seem to be going in the right direction. the difference in salary increases is very little regardless of performance

Advice to Management

Share the financial success with more of the employees