Neiman Marcus

There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus

Professional and Time prompt

Current Intern - Neiman Marcus Corporate Intern in Dallas, TX
Current Intern - Neiman Marcus Corporate Intern in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Neiman Marcus as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

High - Quality and Professional
Neiman Marcus was very professional with my interview process. It took a little over 2 months from when I first was told that I can take their online test to when I was offered the position.

Cons

I would not really say there are any cons, as I have not began my internship as of yet but I can say I am a little nervous to relocate to Texas for the summer as I am from the Northeast.

426 Other Employee Reviews for Neiman Marcus (View Most Recent)

A company rich in history. Very professional.

I worked at Neiman Marcus full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good training program. Lots of structure. Many long-term employees (10+ years) without a lot of turnover in the corporate office. A very professional work environment. Consistent, stable company direction without a lot of wild strategy changes.

Cons

Not as many levels or opportunities for advancement as some othe companies. Slightly less flexible and slower to adopt new ideas due to it being an older company. Promotions can tend to be given based more on who you know vs prior performance. People who have been there a long time can get away with poor behavior more than they probably should.

Competitive

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Neiman Marcus full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Incredible merchandise, lovely surroundings and helpful management.

Cons

Working on commission created a 'hostile' environment among co-workers. Customers could pick up on it and they would leave dept or feel the need to to act as 'referee'. Very uncomfortable and awkward and not the image Neiman's wants to portray.

NM needs to come up with a much healthier compensation system. Perhaps if all store members work together to make their store #1 revenue producer and then share in reward. NM wants to present 'team spirit' and we all work together but the competitive environment in search of the $ is counterintuitive. There are plenty of commission-only jobs out there. Changing compensation structure would align with NM's purpose.

There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus