There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus

I have been at neiman marcus almost a month

Current Employee - Customer Care Associate in Irving, TX
Current Employee - Customer Care Associate in Irving, TX

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time (less than a year)

Pros

working from home, The training technique it may be a little difficult but I like how its just you and your computer you kind of go at your own pace. Its worth it for all the work that you have to do and all that information that you need to know, its better they have you training yourself I think you can retain the information better.

Cons

The Pay, The Customers...sometimes can be a little aggresive

I think that higher pay would be great !

reviews filtered by
  1. Great people to work with.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Neiman Marcus part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The hours are great. Room to grow with in the company. The pay is ok but meeting new people was the best part.

Cons

Leadership lacked skills. Staff where rude to clients who wouldn't spend more then $100. Not willing to build new relationships with clients.

Hire staff that will train on customer service. Hire sales associates that doesn't mind serving.

2. It's "Retail".

Current Employee - Client Support
    Current Employee - Client Support

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The hours of operation are great!. I can't say that I've ever known or worked for "any" department store that has closed at 8pm, nice.
    Employee discount is good. And they also give you "double" discount during certain months, fabulous way to stock up on cosmetics or something that you adore that cost a fortune!.
    Great way to learn and gain amazing experience on all the best fashion designers and trends.
    Great way for someone young or someone that is looking to get their foot in the door to a career in fashion "outside" the store (it's a great stepping stone).

Cons

It's "RETAIL". The slow times are the same slow times as any other department store no matter how glamourous the store is!.
    It's all commission. You are in a tank full of sharks that are waiting in the same waiting pool as you to strike at the same bait that you are waiting for. Be prepared to grow thick skin and take the punches as well as throw them. But in the same waiting pool, you do meet some amazing people that "are" your friends and will show you a trick or two.
    Don't expect this job to pay the bills. Make sure you have alternate financial back up.
    Lastly; it's "retail", you should know when you first apply what it's all about, it's not rocket science!.

Fair.