Neiman Marcus

www.neimanmarcus.com
  www.neimanmarcus.com
There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus

NJ BEST WORK EXPERIENCE. Some people with bad reviews should reflect and see if they may be the issue.

I have been working at Neiman Marcus

Pros

Great discount, great co-workers, 80% great customers (the few bad ones don't ruin the many nice ones), flexible schedule, depending on your manager you can have great flexibility with scheduling

Cons

Pay, health insurance, inconsistent HR (some associates get away with many things others cannot ), lack of training, keeping store open during inclement weather, management needs to be on the same page

I hope management/corporate is looking at Glassdoor reviews. It's sad to see some associates have awful experiences, but Neiman Marcus is pretty good to me. Neimans, use this as a learning tool to keep employees happy.

389 Other Employee Reviews for Neiman Marcus (View Most Recent)

Everything that glitters isn't gold

I have been working at Neiman Marcus

Pros

It's a great place to work if you want a career in the retail/fashion industry. Meet lots of people through store events and vendors. Your in charge of your own business and growth so if you aren't aggressive in sales and aren't liked it might not be for you. Discount good.

Cons

Not enough traffic for new employees to establish clientele. 80% of current employees that work there are very seasoned so just imagine the customers. Employees are greedy since it's a commission environment. It's hard to acquire time-off. Pay is what you make it but it's not easy because most customers already have associates that they work with.

Assist new employees with establishing clientele.

This was a job that I regretted taking

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time

Pros

There are no pros. You are not allowed to give your opinion and if you are better than your management team then forget about moving ahead.

Cons

These people are sneaky and you should not trust them.

Trust your employees and believe in them.

There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus