Neiman Marcus

www.neimanmarcus.com

Customer Care at Neimar Marcus Direct

Customer Care Associate (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsWork from home associate here... That's the plus here. We have highly flexible hours to choose from, good pay, great conditions (I like MY dress code), fantastic computer system (which we personally own) and a fairly good system to link into, wonderful discounts on merchandise.

ConsThis is not just Neiman Marcus Sales. Customer Care Associates are also responsible for sales and problem resolution for many other companies. ie. Horchow, CUSP, and many designer web sites, plus email responses to inquiries, internet chat, and plain old paper orders by fax.
Scheduling system need Personal attention.. way to much use of computer scheduling. Computer programs for time sheets does not always work, and to many "adjustments" needed because system is not working Properly. Time sheet are tied to the phone, this is good, however sometime one just needs to "go dow the hall" for a couple of minutes.. I have NO problem not being paid for my extra bathroom breaks but employees are penalized on their performance because they might log in 2 minutes late from a 15 minute break or need to get away for a moment or two... (just don't pay us for that time, after all it is a time clock)... (There is no human interraction here... just computer keeping track).
Upselling requirements are understandable but selling requirement are currently just un-reasonable.. Sales associates are penalized for taking some time to "chat" a little... I do understand waisting time... but some customers like to have sales associates opinions and help finding items... however we are penalized for taking too much on the sales call... They seem to forget that the customer called us...I believe that all sales associates understand the need to up-sell, make more money for both company and our pay check, however, a good associate can tell when a customer just wants to get off the phone.
We have other associates that can and do "assist" us with problems that are highly complicated and need further eyes to have a look at.. This is a good thing, however, we are penalized for calling and asking for help too many times, and then when we make a mistake that could have been avoided by a simple phone call for help we get a "ding" on our monthly report.

Advice to Senior ManagementBalance, Balance, Balance... The marketplace is changing and has changed. When once there was only catalog sales we now must include the internet... but never forget the catalog people some who do no have a computer and never will have a computer...
We need much more training on the computer system other than our own trial and error when using it.
We need compassion and a re-work of sales requirements. We were hired at an hourly wage not as commissioned salespeople, these are two diferent breed of people and you cannot put them in the same boxes or attempt a box change and/or reidrection when the company changes direction.
Some people seem so overworked, over scheduled, or so afraid of the time clock they do not even give employees the "time of day", it gets down to what do you want and I have to move on there is no time, because of the clock, for interaction, and don't even think we can do it on breaks, we need that time to eat, calm down, and re-charge. You should bisit us someday and notice that we are all working, there is no chatter here, no friendships building, and little camaraderie just your worker bees.
See above....Cons

Best compensation for the retail world

Product Specialist (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

I have been working at Neiman Marcus

Pros: Great discounts. Some-what easy going environment, depending on which store you work in. Always in the know about the latest trends and fashions.… Cons: It's very difficult to change positions, especially if you want to move up. You are always replaceable, and you have to drink the kool-aid.… Advice to Senior Management: Your people work very hard. Reward them more often. More

Good for resume experience, that's about all.

Customer Care (Current Employee) Irving, TX

I have been working at Neiman Marcus

Pros: 30/30 days are good for X-mas shopping and cheap Ralph Lauren towels. Christmas Book celebrations are always fun (even though you… Cons: You will get hired as 35-40 flex full time. You may get scheduled only 16 hours and sent home early every day and end up… Advice to Senior Management: Stop hiring everyone and their mom at Christmas time and instead focus on better training your existing employees and giving them more hours/overtime. More hours… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Neiman Marcus.

Worked for Neiman Marcus? Contribute to the Community!