Nelnet

www.nelnet.com

Terrible. Absolutely horrible.

Former Employee - Student Load Advisor  in  Lincoln, NE
Former Employee - Student Load Advisor in Lincoln, NE

Pros

Co-workers were the best part of the job

Cons

Everything else that the job entailed was terrible.

Get it together. The load placed on employees is insane and the numbers necessary to achieve satisfactory performance reviews are almost unattainable.

Other reviews for Nelnet

Everything considered I'm happily employed at Nelnet

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Highlands Ranch, CO
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Highlands Ranch, CO

Pros

I've worked for Nelnet almost 8 years and this is what I've learned. Senior management has been very good at creating and maintaining new business. They've also been very good at managing the company's money when national legislation affected the company's bottom line. I care about that because it means layoffs aren't necessary and the company stays in business. I am able to balance my work and personal life and I take time off when I need it without any trouble.
    I have had the pleasure of working for some of the best managers I've experienced in my 25+ year career.

Cons

While I've experienced very, very good first-tier managers, I've also had some not-so-good managers here at Nelnet. However, I've encountered bad managers in all the companies I've ever worked for so Nelnet isn't any different in that regard.

Since first-tier managment is so crucial to whether or not someone enjoys their job, I would like to see Nelnet do more training or take more discretion in who they place as that first-tier manager or team lead. That person should understand the day-to-day operation and details that their employees experience.

This was an okay job, would not recommend

Former Employee - Loan Advisor  in  Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Loan Advisor in Aurora, CO

Pros

There is good pay, good hours, and good benefits. The training for the Advisor position was excellent.

Cons

There is no potential for growth and the customers who call in are nasy, rude, and entitled.

There are newer employer reviews for Nelnet.

Worked for Nelnet? Contribute to the Community!