Nelnet
www.nelnet.com Lincoln, NE 1000 to 5000 Employees

Friendly coworkers and management, the work can get repetitive but if you push yourself every day you're rewarded.

Account Manager (Current Employee)
Lincoln, NE

ProsOpen door policy with management, monthly feed back is given and there is upward mobility if you are motivated. As an employee you are encouraged to provide feed back to your immediate supervisor and can take it up the chain if your concerns aren't addressed.

ConsThe work can get tedious and repetitive, and the monthly push to meet performance metrics and still meet the commission requirements can become stressful.

try to hold out for a better job

DM Collector (Former Employee)
    Lincoln, NE

I worked at Nelnet full-time for more than a year

Pros: Camaraderie among entry level collectors/customer service reps Gain much knowledge about federal student… Cons: Micro-managed High stress environment Lack of upward mobility CEOs not in touch with employees on the front lines. As a new-hire, my training class was pushed out a… Advice to Senior Management: Find a way to make a miserable job better. Taking away the ability to read, knit, draw, or find something else to do besides contemplating… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

great company

Loan Advisor (Former Employee)
    Aurora, CO

I worked at Nelnet full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: It was fun to work for Nelnet. The company provides great training. The environment is competitive, but it's fun.… Cons: I can't think of anything negative Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Nelnet.

Worked for Nelnet? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nelnet reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nelnet CEO Mike Dunlap. All reviews posted anonymously by Nelnet employees.