There are newer employer reviews for Nelnet

Positive attitudes, fast-paced, sometimes disjointed

Current Employee - Account Executive in Lincoln, NE
Current Employee - Account Executive in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Nelnet

Pros

Nelnet is a very fast-paced work environment where expectations are generally set very high and often met. Because of successes, the overall attitude is positive and there is definitely a can-do culture present. Benefits and time off are a plus.

Cons

The can-do attitude can sometimes cause associates to push others too hard without sufficient resources or information. While there is tremendous potential for personal and corporate growth within the organization, some flexibility and work/life balance will have to be sacrificed in order to advance past lower-level management.

Advice to Management

Continue integration strategies to get all associates in all locations working together toward common goals. Also, possibly start additional communications to allow all associates to know what is going on in different parts of the company and how it might personally relate to their jobs and workload in the future.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. upper level management told big fibs

Former Employee - Systems Architect in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Systems Architect in Denver, CO

I worked at Nelnet

Pros

benifits are good, my direct managers were great. The information from on top was never what the situation turned out to be once all is said and done. this makes it hard to trust you job will be there.

Cons

I was told that I would have a job for over a year and in the end, 1 month prior to the big day, I got the axe. All my performance reviews were outstanding.l

Advice to Management

do not tell an employee one thing, and then change your mind at the last min. Any employee would rather be given the worst case and then get good news instead of what you did to me, best case and your gone with no time to find other oppertunities.

2. Nelnet is a great technical environment, but doesnt know what is going on with its employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

I worked at Nelnet

Pros

Nelnet providea a great service to its customers and takes pride in doing good work

Cons

The company has so many branches that the head doesnt know what the hands are doing

Advice to Management

Look for opportunities to standardize performance management, and ensure that opportunities for growth and advancement are consistent across all departments