There are newer employer reviews for Nemours Foundation

a good place to work

Current Employee - Radiographer  in  Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Radiographer in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Nemours Foundation

Pros

Opportunity to work in a children's medical facility. We only work Monday thru Friday and have the major holidays paid off. We do have a recognition program to recognize "Employees of the Month". We also can give "Spot Light Awards" which is a gift certificate for $20 to a local restaurant with approval from department manager's approval.

Cons

There's not alot of opportunity for advancement in some of the job titles. Also, the person most qualified for a position is not always the person who gets promoted to a job. Our sick time, personal leave and vacation time is separate, it would be better to allow a bank of all hours together to be used at the employee's discretion. That way when people do not use sick leave they have the option to use that time for personal or vacation.

Need to have more discipline when the need arises; need to recognize the workers that go above and beyond and give merit raises

18 Other Employee Reviews for Nemours Foundation (View Most Recent)

listen to your employees. we make the difference

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Nemours Foundation

Pros

health benefits for employees children

Cons

micro-management from supervisors, managers do not enforce business compliance

stop using the buddy system. promotions and employment opportunities are family and friends, not experience

Feel good about improving the health of children

I have been working at Nemours Foundation

Pros

You're helping take care of childrens' health regardless of their financial need. Most of the clinicians are excellent. They are good about allowing flex time.

Cons

The pay is typical for a non-profit , meaning not-so-good.

The company is top-heavy with management. Your physicians are your lifeline- treat them well.

There are newer employer reviews for Nemours Foundation

Worked for Nemours Foundation? Contribute to the Community!