Neogen
www.neogen.com Lansing, MI 500 to 999 Employees

Do NOT bother coming to this company unless your goal is to stay at a horrible salary with no room for advancement.

Technical Service Representative, Diagnostics (Current Employee)
Lexington, KY

I have been working at Neogen full-time for more than a year

ProsNo pros - I am warning everyone to STAY AWAY, worst job experience I have ever experienced.

ConsTo managers, we are disposable, so they could care less if we stayed or not. Down right worse pay in industry. Zero room for advancement, so expect to stay in the same entry level spot for years. Favortism runs rampid - managers have their favorites and if you are not one of them your life will be hell. Worst manager I have EVER had - extremely fake and backstabbing. My job tasks have not ever compared to the amount I get paid.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart to care about all of your employees - not just the ones who are deemed your 'favorite'. Please start to pay people more, the pay is an insult. Please look into all personnel who hold management positions - some people do not deserve to be managers even though they have been here 15 years as they treat their employees like scum on the bottom of their shoe. PLEASE start to care more about your employees. So far 4 people out of a department of 6 have put in their notice in less than 1 month - if you don't start caring you will always loose valuable talent and in turn the company will suffer.

Decent Place to Start

Tech Service (Current Employee)
Lansing, MI

I have been working at Neogen full-time

Pros: -The coworkers are, for the most part, all very genuine people. -It's an entry… Cons: -Compensation and benefits are poor. -Focus is on investor value, not employee development. -Very hard to move up, or around within the company.… Advice to Senior Management: You have some great people at your company, show them you actually care about them.… More

Entry level company, not a career destination

Chemist (Former Employee)
Lansing, MI

I worked at Neogen

Pros: This is a good entry level place to get into quickly and… Cons: Little room for job advancement, very little actual innovation going on as opposed to expanding the applications of existing technologies, and the salaries are absolutely… Advice to Senior Management: Stop worrying about turnover. Despite the intimidating descriptions and lingo, the job tasks are easy enough for most community college students to do, so… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Neogen.

Worked for Neogen? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Neogen reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Neogen CEO James L. Herbert. All reviews posted anonymously by Neogen employees.