Neogen

www.neogen.com

Very low pay but good entry level experience

Research Technician (Former Employee) Lansing, MI

ProsGreat people. Enjoyed my day. Team work ethic. Not micromanaged. Learned a lot about microbiology.

ConsPoor pay for the level of education and experience most employees have.
CEO continually has meetings about how well the company is doing, growing, investing and acquiring new companies, but the company does not reward its employees for this or increase wages as they should.
Poor health care benefits with consistent increased cost to employees.
Not much incentive to work there long term because they do not compete with the pay and benefits of other companies. Great minds leave all the time and most of the people that work there are always looking for other job opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more. Reward employees. Happiness on the job makes people stay and company would advance more if all the great minds stayed.

Good place to start but no true potential for growth. Corporate does not care about the employees.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Neogen full-time

Pros: Most of the people that I work with here are good people who deserve… Cons: Pay and compensation is very low when compared to the rest of the industry. Corporate does not care about its employees. The investors are… Advice to Senior Management: Reward your employees for their hard work and dedication to their job. … More

Insulting

Research Scientist (Current Employee) Lansing, MI

I have been working at Neogen full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: People are a pro, they make the job bearable. … Cons: -Pay is dismal -Minimal Recognition -No Advancement Opportunity -Placation of concerns by Management -No… Advice to Senior Management: Pay your people. When 5 year gross pay equals 12x less than Jim Herbert's 2012 bonus pay, this is unacceptable. Build a culture… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Neogen.

Worked for Neogen? Contribute to the Community!