Neogen

www.neogen.com

Fair Pay for a 40 hr wk. But as management you are consistently expected to run understaffed and have no home life.

Accounting Manager (Current Employee) Lansing, MI

ProsInteresting people to work with, lots of opportunities to increase your knowledge base, skill set and experience if you are willing/ able to put in tons of extra hours, senior management is reasonable and respectful of employees and really have a genuine desire to have a stable, debt free company that will not lay off employees. Senior Management, the Board of Directors and Officers of the company make considerably less money than they would at other companies of the similar size. Neogen also spends a good chuck of change every year on a very nice Christmas party, summer picnic and other events for employees and their families.

ConsSenior management, while reasonable most of the time has a hardline stance on requiring departments to run understaffed in order to save money. A large number of employees company wide have a challenging time working so many hours and covering vacations, etc. When you look at the total compensation pkg vs. hours you work I think it comes in pretty low. They also do not allow comp time for salaried employees and there is no allowance for flex time for any employee. It is common for un or underqualified people to obtain positions because they are friends or neighbors of the senior management team, but I suppose that occurs in most work places. Neogen has a higher turnover than other companies of it's size and the primary reason is salary and work life balance. It is a great place to expand your skills, learn and grow and then move on to a better opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementMany of your best and brightest leave because they feel unappreciated and undervalued in total compensation vs. hours worked. Please consider revising flex/comp/pto plans and salary structure.

This place is a nightmare.

Territory Manager (Former Employee) Lexington, KY

I worked at Neogen

Pros: Good products, attend great trade shows. Cons: Management is a joke. All that goes on in that company is everyone trying to blame… Advice to Senior Management: Try to communicate better. There is no communication in that building. Also,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Unpretentious and solid foundation

I have been working at Neogen full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Low overhead, no lay-offs, good benefits and great people Cons: Salaries are not what they should be Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of those who aren't performing and financially reward… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Neogen.

Worked for Neogen? Contribute to the Community!