Neovia Integrated Insurance Services

www.neoviainsurance.com
  www.neoviainsurance.com
There are newer employer reviews for Neovia Integrated Insurance Services

It's that crappy office job you see in movies

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Barbara, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at Neovia Integrated Insurance Services

Pros

Sometimes Aetna or Anthem will bring cake or bagels in. They have jeans on Fridays. Nice office.

Cons

I'm pretty glad to be out of Neovia. After working there for as long as I did I can't imagine how I did it. The CEO and VP are incredibly biased in their treatment of employees and who needs to be held accountable. The pay was absolutely terrible. One Sales Agent that works with Neovia told me everyone that deals with Neovia considers it a cult while I was there. Lot's of office politicking and people treating others poorly behind each others back. Little respect for the Management outside of the office. The number of employees that left in the year and a half I was there was astronomical. More than 3/4 of the office was not there the next year. They promised profit sharing than gave themselves a huge bonus at the start of the new fiscal year and told the rest of staff there was no money for profit sharing.

Favorites and special privileges should not so blatantly obvious to the rest of the staff. Pay employees more. Listen to employees and stop thinking you're better than everyone else and you don't have to listen to opinions.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Neovia Integrated Insurance Services (View Most Recent)

Terrible

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Barbara, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at Neovia Integrated Insurance Services

Pros

I guess it is nice that they have a casual day every friday. Other than that, I can't say much.

Cons

Terrible place to work where you have no room for growth and are vastly underpaid for your job. The CEO cited the economy as the reason he could pay less during an interview I had with him. They don't listen, and place blame on everyone but themselves. Lots of talking going on behind the VP and CEO's back. Not liked by their staff. Incredibly high turnover rate that's alarmingly bad.

There is nothing to say except to treat employees with respect and dignity, don't throw them under the bus when you screw something up and need to vent. Poor atmosphere.

A middle of the road to nowhere work experience.

Former Employee - Benefits Analyst
    Former Employee - Benefits Analyst

I worked at Neovia Integrated Insurance Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

The benefits are the only bright spot. This is the only retention strategy considering most of jobs are centered around looking at other companies benefits and helps to know you have good coverage but I wouldn't be surprised if they have down graded. Generally predictable workday. Beautiful location near Santa Barbara. Generally predictable workday. Beautiful location near Santa Barbara. Most of the employees are nice and easy enough to work with but the turn over means lots of new faces.

Cons

The pay is really bad. Given that insurance premium keep going up and brokerages get paid a % of the yearly premium and their client base was growing while I was there, the math for 'not enough income to pay better salaries' doesn't add up. The workload is seasonal as most clients will renew around the start of the year. Higher stress environment then expected in the 'boring' world of insurance. Leadership is self centered in general. Lots of turn over.

The Exec team makes efforts to express gratitude towards the employees but they all feel forced and lack sincerity. The VP is better saying thanks than the CEO. However, given the other reviews maybe I was on his good side.

There are newer employer reviews for Neovia Integrated Insurance Services

Worked for Neovia Integrated Insurance Services? Contribute to the Community!