Nestlé Purina PetCare

www.nestlepurinacareers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Nestlé Purina PetCare

I can describe Nestle Purina in 3 words: Community-driven, goal-oriented, well-balanced

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Working at Nestle Purina has been such an unbelievable breath of fresh air. I have worked in a few companies prior to joining the Purina family, some of which were very negative career experiences. Being at Purina reinstilled the confidence in me that there are some amazing companies out there to work for. Below are a few of the things that I find most important, most satisfying and that I appreciate most about Nestle Purina:

- Purina hires extremely high performers that genuinely care about their job and the company
- Nestle Purina employees are extremely professional, driven and willing to help their colleagues, counterparts, those above and below them
- Purina has, without question, mastered the art of balancing life and work. They bring life to work (i.e. providing day care services, medical care, exercise facilities, meal options and more).
- Flexible hours are offered for most people within the company, depending on your direct manager or supervisor. This allows and encourages us to work harder in a shorter period of time so we have time to go home and enjoy our outside-of-work lives. And when Monday rolls around, we're ready to return and get back to work.
- Purina is very involved in the community, both regarding pet welfare and helping organizations outside of the petcare industry.
- Purina walks its talk. We do what we say and we do it well. Since our business caters to the pet community, we bring our pets into OUR community on a regular basis. Yes, there are dogs around the office everyday! It makes our work space a much happier place.

Cons

No company, organization or institution is perfect. All that said, here are a few things that aren't necessarily preferred, but that I wouldn't consider them to be bad things or deal-breakers.

- It can be difficult in such a large company to get to know other people within other departments, not so much because our offices can be buildings apart, but because we start to find our niche and our group after awhile and it's not always easy to branch out to meet others!

- Nestle Purina employs a lot of contractors, many of which prove their talent and potential to stay on and grow with the company for several years. The only caveat to being a contractor besides not being eligible for the healt, financial savings and professional training benefits, we are unable to participate in certain company events/programs and are unable to bring our pets to the office! However...this is the way it is for a reason, and rightfully so.

407 Other Employee Reviews for Nestlé Purina PetCare (View Most Recent)

Loved the Pet Specialty division and miss it very much.

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Rochester, NY

I worked at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Entrepreneurial spirit, flexibility, creativity, FUN

Cons

CDG division and PSG division are two different cultures.

LOVED my Northeast Team Leader. He allows his direct reports to own their businesses, and encourages their success.

Love the products and quality

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Passion for pets, good quality products,excelent brands

Cons

The process is to much to react...

There are newer employer reviews for Nestlé Purina PetCare