Nestlé Purina PetCare

www.nestlepurinacareers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Nestlé Purina PetCare

Amazing company with opportunities for growth

Current Employee - Internal Auditor in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Internal Auditor in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flex time (half day Fridays), laid-back environment, company store, on-site gym, dog park, secure location with free parking downtown for Cards games, industry leader, recognizable name, amazing training opportunities, pension plan, annual bonus for ALL employees (not just sales/marketing), on-site credit union, on-site shipping for personal use, generous travel policy.

Cons

Since employees never want to leave, you may not advance as quickly as you would like. They also are reluctant to fire people, so incompetence exists in some areas. Purina also tends to have an us vs. them relationship with their parent company (Nestle).

Continue to recognize the potential in your younger employees and promote as possible.

427 Other Employee Reviews for Nestlé Purina PetCare (View Most Recent)

Purina is a wonderful place to work!

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time

Pros

You can bring your dog or cat to work! It’s amazing the difference it makes to have pets present in the work place.

In my department I see firsthand how collaborative the different teams are across functional areas. I personally have an open-door policy with my manager and have seen that same relationship with many other business leaders. I feel like my opinion is always being heard and valued.

Also, Purina has several lobby events throughout the year, usually with giveaways. It’s great to grab some free food on your way to your next meeting. There’s also flextime which is very easy to use, another way the company allows for healthy work-life balance.

Cons

People tend to stay at Purina for their whole careers; it can make it challenging to move up depending on the department you’re in.

Oh, and sometimes it’s hard to find parking- but I consider myself VERY fortunate when the worst part of my day is having to walk an extra few minutes to my building.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As a pet lover, I enjoy coming to work and being surrounded by dogs (and sometimes cats) most days. Work/life balance is outstanding. The culture is good - we get our work done and we do it well, but we also know how to have fun.

Cons

There are few downsides to working at Nestle Purina. Most of my frustrations are a result of people who are difficult to work with or are closed minded.

There are newer employer reviews for Nestlé Purina PetCare