Nestlé Purina PetCare

www.nestlepurinacareers.com
  www.nestlepurinacareers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Nestlé Purina PetCare

Every person is part of a team who wants to do their best.

Current Employee - Senior Manufacturing Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Senior Manufacturing Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

People are smiling, happy, always willing to help lend a hand or share knowledge to help you do your job better. The health benefits are top tier, the work is challenging, yet energizing. The Co-Workers always want to help you achieve your very best. When you first come into the company, they assign someone to you to teach you the culture, the industry, the business and what you need to know to be successful. Every so often, my boss will send me to a class to learn new skills and put them to immediate use! I have grown so much working for this company it is unbelievable how much I've grown as a result!.

Cons

We have an awesome corporate culture, a great work-life balance that I simply cannot find in other companies. It is hard to find an incentive to leave here. Every other company pales in comparison to Nestle Purina.
It would be nice if we could bring our dogs to work at every company location.

Keep daring us to do better for the company. We will meet the challenge!

402 Other Employee Reviews for Nestlé Purina PetCare (View Most Recent)

Lots of great opportunties, challenges, career growth and global exposure

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

NPPC has a GREAT culture and work life balance. We enjoy the benefits of a large company with lots of resources and technology while still feeling independant and family oriented. There are lots of growth opportunities as the large retirement eligible population starts leaving- great for Gen-Xers to take leadership positions.

Cons

Sometimes being owned by a large international company can be difficult as they try to align us with Nestle globally. However, this can be seen as an opportunity as well- its easiest to embrace it and gain global experience while taking a few global trips to work on projects.

Keep up the good work!

Wonderful work environment, perks and job satisfaction.

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good Salary
    Great benefits (retirement plans, life insurance, medical/dental/vision insurance)
    Perks ... company store, medical department, bringing pets to work, onsite gym, credit union, free parking, discounted product through company store, dry cleaning service, regularly scheduled onsite pet grooming available, onsite massage available in medical department, company events and much more!)
    Beautiful campus, including a dog park
    Flexible work hours (available to most, depending on job)
    Focus on health, wellness and work/life balance
    Focus on leadership in the industry
    Products and quality to be proud of

Cons

As with all companies, there are pockets where some of the pros listed above do not exist, based on the personal leadership of that area.

Some of the perks of working for a large company are also some of the pitfalls. There can be a lot of red tape in getting things accompished if a new idea will affect the company globally and sometimes technology or new processes are implemented that are not as beneficial to one piece of Nestle as to others.

Keep doing what you are doing. Place your focus on your employees since content employees are much more productive. Make sure people in leadership positions are held accountable and that they take the required leadership training when promoted from a functional position. Allow enough depth for a new manager to let go of functional work and lead.

There are newer employer reviews for Nestlé Purina PetCare