Nestlé Purina PetCare

www.nestlepurinacareers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Nestlé Purina PetCare

Gotta Love Purina

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare

Pros

Purina trusts its employees to take business risks within reason, is flexible when people need time off for personal activities, such as kids' schedules or events and the CEO is a down-to-earth guy who makes you feel like he's one of your fellow team members. He is an awesome leader

Cons

Not all managers are consistent or transparent on why some people get promoted and others don't, even when you ask. People need that to improve.

Teach managers to be more open and talk to their people about the tough subjects.

402 Other Employee Reviews for Nestlé Purina PetCare (View Most Recent)

Unlimited Global Opportunities with strong roots in St. Louis

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare

Pros

Purina has an amazing collection of highly talented associates who are all passionate about making products to enhance the lives of pets. You can see the pride in our associates and the passion they bring to work every day. Our products have made us a market leader - but our people make our company great. It is common to work with people that have spent decades working for this organization and they bring tremendous insights to every challenge. We are aligned and committed to improving the health and the lives of pets and the people who love them.

Cons

Long tenure of many employees can create challenges for employees that want to rapidly move up the organization. This is a culture where experience counts a lot and sometimes hinders our ability to change to meet emerging market needs.
    Our parent company (Nestle) is a very traditional and disciplined company. Heirarchies and structure need to be understood and respected.

Keep an eye on the culture while managing through tremendous change. You have done an excellent job of preserving the parts of our heritage that make NPPC a great place to work. There are quite a few strong future leaders in the organization who could really contribute to shaping the future of petcare.

Winning with a Love of Pets

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare

Pros

Committed to making lives of pets and people better, committed to individual and team growth as the key to success, innovation, leadership and changing based on business conditions keep us growing faster than the competition, and a work life balance that keeps associates fresh all add up to a teriffic place to work.

Cons

As we get larger, it is becoming challenging to stay nimble in a highly competitive, global marketplace with many smaller competitors.

Keep carrying the mantle that success is driven by our people, keep listening, setting overall strategic direction and importantly delegating to those in the best position to drive the business.

There are newer employer reviews for Nestlé Purina PetCare