Nestlé Purina PetCare

www.nestlepurinacareers.com
  www.nestlepurinacareers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Nestlé Purina PetCare

Investment in People is Second to None!

Current Employee - Senior Audit Manager in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Senior Audit Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare

Pros

- Investment in people. Employees are given access to continuous training, tools and technology that allow them the best opportunities to perform at a high level. The company recently implemented SAP, and the training available on how to use every aspect of the tool is the best I've ever seen. Another example would be the "Innovation" initiative where every employee is required to attend an innovation course that teaches them how to innovate in their job no matter their function.
- Work/life balance. Many people claim to have this but Nestle-Purina is the only company I've ever worked at that actually practices what they preach. Onsite daycare, fitness center, great cafeteria are just some of the examples. I am treated like a professional by my boss, who is very understanding when I have family obligations that require me to work a nonstandard schedule.
- Willingness of people to communicate and help at all times. The culture at Nestle-Purina is very open and friendly. People do not stay in their enclosed space, but are encouraged to continually work and help out others, whenever questions arise. You rarely hear the phrase "I'm too busy to help". All offices are continually open and people are always open to answer questions or discuss new ideas. It is evident that HR places a lot of value in this during their employee screening process. You do not see anyone here who cannot communicate with their co-workers.
- The location of Nestle-Purina, in the heart of downtown St. Louis, provides many opportunities. There are great restaurants and bars downtown to easily go to lunch or happy hours. Employees can park for free (which in uncommon in a downtown business) and also have the benefit of free parking for sporting or other downtown events.
- And of course, the ability to bring your pets to work! My office overlooks the "Barkyard" which is a dog park in the heart of the company's beautiful campus where dogs are able to run around and get more exercise than if they were at home!

Cons

- The only downside of working for Nestle-Purina (which would only be a downside to some) is that with the company's tremendous investment in their people, a high-level of expectations comes along with that investment. People are empowered with a high level of responsibility, making this not the right company for someone looking to skate by working a 30-35 hour average week.

My only advice to the management of Nestle-Purina would be to keep this culture alive by continuing to ensure that all new employees (or employees transferring from Nestle) are adequately trained in the principles that have made this company so successful. Don't ever de-prioritize the people of this company. The minute you start allowing people to work here who will not be a good fit with the culture, that is when you will lose what has made this company so great.

402 Other Employee Reviews for Nestlé Purina PetCare (View Most Recent)

Nestle' Purina is the best company to work for in the world!

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare

Pros

Produces a great product with pride, passion, and quality in mind.
    Innovative in their approach to product and people development.
    Employees are treated with respect thruout all levels of the organization.
    Good pay and career opporunitites.
    Supportive of neighborhood and community out reach programs.
    People first.
    Customer Service is Gate 1.
    Associates are genuinely happy, upbeat, personable, and positive.

Cons

Associates do not leave Purina so there is an aging work force - key associates leaving may impact company culture.

Protect the current Purina culture at all costs!

We love our Pets... We love our Jobs!

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare

Pros

Where can you bring not only your passion, your uniqueness, your creativity... but you can bring your dogs and cats too! Sounds like chaos, but it isn't even close. It is a rewarding, kind environment (who can say that about their workplace), where learning and development are more than encouraged, it is embraced by the leadership. It is such a great environment to work in and the people who work there are amazing people. But it isn't all just fun and learning. The employees work super hard (mostly because they want to) and play just as hard. They care about the products we make and are committed to our brands and what we do for our customers. There is a lot of pride in what we do and that makes it a great environment. I love my job at Nestlé Purina; but most of all, I know most of us feel the same and respond annually to an internal survey to say just that (what company even gets response rates about 90% on employee surveys like we do?). We get it, because the employees know their feedback is important and we continue to strive to work together to always make it better. I cannot imagine working elsewhere.

Cons

It is a difficult company to get into at times as people have high longevity and the employee turnover is low. Couple that with strong career paths for employees, makes it near impossible to join unless it is in an entry level role. The few employees that have left, have had to work hard to make their way back in (and most want to).

Never lose the culture you've worked so hard to create at Nestlé Purina. It is hard work and a great committment to keep true to the values that make us strong, but we are all counting on you to do just that.

There are newer employer reviews for Nestlé Purina PetCare