There are newer employer reviews for Nestlé Purina PetCare

We love our Pets... We love our Jobs!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Where can you bring not only your passion, your uniqueness, your creativity... but you can bring your dogs and cats too! Sounds like chaos, but it isn't even close. It is a rewarding, kind environment (who can say that about their workplace), where learning and development are more than encouraged, it is embraced by the leadership. It is such a great environment to work in and the people who work there are amazing people. But it isn't all just fun and learning. The employees work super hard (mostly because they want to) and play just as hard. They care about the products we make and are committed to our brands and what we do for our customers. There is a lot of pride in what we do and that makes it a great environment. I love my job at Nestlé Purina; but most of all, I know most of us feel the same and respond annually to an internal survey to say just that (what company even gets response rates about 90% on employee surveys like we do?). We get it, because the employees know their feedback is important and we continue to strive to work together to always make it better. I cannot imagine working elsewhere.

Cons

It is a difficult company to get into at times as people have high longevity and the employee turnover is low. Couple that with strong career paths for employees, makes it near impossible to join unless it is in an entry level role. The few employees that have left, have had to work hard to make their way back in (and most want to).

Advice to Management

Never lose the culture you've worked so hard to create at Nestlé Purina. It is hard work and a great committment to keep true to the values that make us strong, but we are all counting on you to do just that.

Other Employee Reviews for Nestlé Purina PetCare

1. Gotta Love Purina

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Purina trusts its employees to take business risks within reason, is flexible when people need time off for personal activities, such as kids' schedules or events and the CEO is a down-to-earth guy who makes you feel like he's one of your fellow team members. He is an awesome leader

Cons

Not all managers are consistent or transparent on why some people get promoted and others don't, even when you ask. People need that to improve.

Advice to Management

Teach managers to be more open and talk to their people about the tough subjects.

2. Unlimited Global Opportunities with strong roots in St. Louis

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Purina has an amazing collection of highly talented associates who are all passionate about making products to enhance the lives of pets. You can see the pride in our associates and the passion they bring to work every day. Our products have made us a market leader - but our people make our company great. It is common to work with people that have spent decades working for this organization and they bring tremendous insights to every challenge. We are aligned and committed to improving the health and the lives of pets and the people who love them.

Cons

Long tenure of many employees can create challenges for employees that want to rapidly move up the organization. This is a culture where experience counts a lot and sometimes hinders our ability to change to meet emerging market needs. Our parent company (Nestle) is a very traditional and disciplined company. Heirarchies and structure need to be understood and respected.

Advice to Management

Keep an eye on the culture while managing through tremendous change. You have done an excellent job of preserving the parts of our heritage that make NPPC a great place to work. There are quite a few strong future leaders in the organization who could really contribute to shaping the future of petcare.