Nestlé Purina PetCare

www.nestlepurinacareers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Nestlé Purina PetCare

Professional and Respectful

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare

Pros

The people are professional and respectful of each other. There is a lot of emphasis put on work life balance which typically translates into happier employees. There is not a lot of turnover. We get regular updates on the pulse of the company. Available free parking, including free parking for Cardinal baseball games.

Cons

Since we are owned by Nestle and are a global company some of our decisions are made for us and we have to make the best of it.

Whatever you do to hit our numbers each year - keep it up.

340 Other Employee Reviews for Nestlé Purina PetCare (View Most Recent)

Gotta Love Purina

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare

Pros

Purina trusts its employees to take business risks within reason, is flexible when people need time off for personal activities, such as kids' schedules or events and the CEO is a down-to-earth guy who makes you feel like he's one of your fellow team members. He is an awesome leader

Cons

Not all managers are consistent or transparent on why some people get promoted and others don't, even when you ask. People need that to improve.

Teach managers to be more open and talk to their people about the tough subjects.

Unlimited Global Opportunities with strong roots in St. Louis

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare

Pros

Purina has an amazing collection of highly talented associates who are all passionate about making products to enhance the lives of pets. You can see the pride in our associates and the passion they bring to work every day. Our products have made us a market leader - but our people make our company great. It is common to work with people that have spent decades working for this organization and they bring tremendous insights to every challenge. We are aligned and committed to improving the health and the lives of pets and the people who love them.

Cons

Long tenure of many employees can create challenges for employees that want to rapidly move up the organization. This is a culture where experience counts a lot and sometimes hinders our ability to change to meet emerging market needs.
    Our parent company (Nestle) is a very traditional and disciplined company. Heirarchies and structure need to be understood and respected.

Keep an eye on the culture while managing through tremendous change. You have done an excellent job of preserving the parts of our heritage that make NPPC a great place to work. There are quite a few strong future leaders in the organization who could really contribute to shaping the future of petcare.

There are newer employer reviews for Nestlé Purina PetCare