Nestlé Purina PetCare

www.nestlepurinacareers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Nestlé Purina PetCare

Great Place to Work!

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare

Pros

The people that work for Nestle Purina are fantastic!

Cons

At times it is political.

Everything is great!

339 Other Employee Reviews for Nestlé Purina PetCare (View Most Recent)

Investment in People is Second to None!

Current Employee - Senior Audit Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Audit Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare

Pros

- Investment in people. Employees are given access to continuous training, tools and technology that allow them the best opportunities to perform at a high level. The company recently implemented SAP, and the training available on how to use every aspect of the tool is the best I've ever seen. Another example would be the "Innovation" initiative where every employee is required to attend an innovation course that teaches them how to innovate in their job no matter their function.
    - Work/life balance. Many people claim to have this but Nestle-Purina is the only company I've ever worked at that actually practices what they preach. Onsite daycare, fitness center, great cafeteria are just some of the examples. I am treated like a professional by my boss, who is very understanding when I have family obligations that require me to work a nonstandard schedule.
    - Willingness of people to communicate and help at all times. The culture at Nestle-Purina is very open and friendly. People do not stay in their enclosed space, but are encouraged to continually work and help out others, whenever questions arise. You rarely hear the phrase "I'm too busy to help". All offices are continually open and people are always open to answer questions or discuss new ideas. It is evident that HR places a lot of value in this during their employee screening process. You do not see anyone here who cannot communicate with their co-workers.
    - The location of Nestle-Purina, in the heart of downtown St. Louis, provides many opportunities. There are great restaurants and bars downtown to easily go to lunch or happy hours. Employees can park for free (which in uncommon in a downtown business) and also have the benefit of free parking for sporting or other downtown events.
    - And of course, the ability to bring your pets to work! My office overlooks the "Barkyard" which is a dog park in the heart of the company's beautiful campus where dogs are able to run around and get more exercise than if they were at home!

Cons

- The only downside of working for Nestle-Purina (which would only be a downside to some) is that with the company's tremendous investment in their people, a high-level of expectations comes along with that investment. People are empowered with a high level of responsibility, making this not the right company for someone looking to skate by working a 30-35 hour average week.

My only advice to the management of Nestle-Purina would be to keep this culture alive by continuing to ensure that all new employees (or employees transferring from Nestle) are adequately trained in the principles that have made this company so successful. Don't ever de-prioritize the people of this company. The minute you start allowing people to work here who will not be a good fit with the culture, that is when you will lose what has made this company so great.

Nestle' Purina is the best company to work for in the world!

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare

Pros

Produces a great product with pride, passion, and quality in mind.
    Innovative in their approach to product and people development.
    Employees are treated with respect thruout all levels of the organization.
    Good pay and career opporunitites.
    Supportive of neighborhood and community out reach programs.
    People first.
    Customer Service is Gate 1.
    Associates are genuinely happy, upbeat, personable, and positive.

Cons

Associates do not leave Purina so there is an aging work force - key associates leaving may impact company culture.

Protect the current Purina culture at all costs!

There are newer employer reviews for Nestlé Purina PetCare