Nestlé Purina PetCare

www.nestlepurinacareers.com

Good place if external candidate

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare

Pros

Everyone is generally friendly and willing to help. Bringing pets to work is major plus, pets on the work floor make everyone happier. I enjoy the company values and like how we give back to the community.

Cons

Seems like there is no internal recruiting. HR spends tons of time and money trying to get MBA students from top schools but doesn't spend any time or money seeing what kind of candidates they have internally. A mentor program or some type of internal recruiting would help people feel like they have a future at the company. It seems its more about the people you know in order to get positions. Too political at times, and I've noticed this has gotten worse.

Set up internal recruiting. So many people work here who are looking for a break to get into specific areas. Career paths need to be better defined.

Other Reviews for Nestlé Purina PetCare

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare

Pros

The people that work for Nestle Purina are fantastic!

Cons

At times it is political.

Everything is great!

Investment in People is Second to None!

Current Employee - Senior Audit Manager  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Audit Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare

Pros

- Investment in people. Employees are given access to continuous training, tools and technology that allow them the best opportunities to perform at a high level. The company recently implemented SAP, and the training available on how to use every aspect of the tool is the best I've ever seen. Another example would be the "Innovation" initiative where every employee is required to attend an innovation course that teaches them how to innovate in their job no matter their function.
    - Work/life balance. Many people claim to have this but Nestle-Purina is the only company I've ever worked at that actually practices what they preach. Onsite daycare, fitness center, great cafeteria are just some of the examples. I am treated like a professional by my boss, who is very understanding when I have family obligations that require me to work a nonstandard schedule.
    - Willingness of people to communicate and help at all times. The culture at Nestle-Purina is very open and friendly. People do not stay in their enclosed space, but are encouraged to continually work and help out others, whenever questions arise. You rarely hear the phrase "I'm too busy to help". All offices are continually open and people are always open to answer questions or discuss new ideas. It is evident that HR places a lot of value in this during their employee screening process. You do not see anyone here who cannot communicate with their co-workers.
    - The location of Nestle-Purina, in the heart of downtown St. Louis, provides many opportunities. There are great restaurants and bars downtown to easily go to lunch or happy hours. Employees can park for free (which in uncommon in a downtown business) and also have the benefit of free parking for sporting or other downtown events.
    - And of course, the ability to bring your pets to work! My office overlooks the "Barkyard" which is a dog park in the heart of the company's beautiful campus where dogs are able to run around and get more exercise than if they were at home!

Cons

- The only downside of working for Nestle-Purina (which would only be a downside to some) is that with the company's tremendous investment in their people, a high-level of expectations comes along with that investment. People are empowered with a high level of responsibility, making this not the right company for someone looking to skate by working a 30-35 hour average week.

My only advice to the management of Nestle-Purina would be to keep this culture alive by continuing to ensure that all new employees (or employees transferring from Nestle) are adequately trained in the principles that have made this company so successful. Don't ever de-prioritize the people of this company. The minute you start allowing people to work here who will not be a good fit with the culture, that is when you will lose what has made this company so great.

There are newer employer reviews for Nestlé Purina PetCare.

Worked for Nestlé Purina PetCare? Contribute to the Community!