Nestlé Purina PetCare

www.nestlepurinacareers.com
  www.nestlepurinacareers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Nestlé Purina PetCare

Good place to work, depending on the department

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare

Pros

Good benefits, pension, work/life balance
Perks like the company store, gym, and credit union
A lot of training classes are offered

Cons

Some departments do not pay very well
Not a lot of advancement opportunities
Political, a lot of times it depends on who you know to get ahead

Offer a mentor program or at least communicate career paths. HR focuses a lot of time on recruiting external candidates and doesn't care as much about the employees it already has.

265 Other Employee Reviews for Nestlé Purina PetCare (View Most Recent)

Good place if external candidate

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare

Pros

Everyone is generally friendly and willing to help. Bringing pets to work is major plus, pets on the work floor make everyone happier. I enjoy the company values and like how we give back to the community.

Cons

Seems like there is no internal recruiting. HR spends tons of time and money trying to get MBA students from top schools but doesn't spend any time or money seeing what kind of candidates they have internally. A mentor program or some type of internal recruiting would help people feel like they have a future at the company. It seems its more about the people you know in order to get positions. Too political at times, and I've noticed this has gotten worse.

Set up internal recruiting. So many people work here who are looking for a break to get into specific areas. Career paths need to be better defined.

We love our Pets... We love our Jobs!

I have been working at Nestlé Purina PetCare

Pros

Where can you bring not only your passion, your uniqueness, your creativity... but you can bring your dogs and cats too! Sounds like chaos, but it isn't even close. It is a rewarding, kind environment (who can say that about their workplace), where learning and development are more than encouraged, it is embraced by the leadership. It is such a great environment to work in and the people who work there are amazing people. But it isn't all just fun and learning. The employees work super hard (mostly because they want to) and play just as hard. They care about the products we make and are committed to our brands and what we do for our customers. There is a lot of pride in what we do and that makes it a great environment. I love my job at Nestlé Purina; but most of all, I know most of us feel the same and respond annually to an internal survey to say just that (what company even gets response rates about 90% on employee surveys like we do?). We get it, because the employees know their feedback is important and we continue to strive to work together to always make it better. I cannot imagine working elsewhere.

Cons

It is a difficult company to get into at times as people have high longevity and the employee turnover is low. Couple that with strong career paths for employees, makes it near impossible to join unless it is in an entry level role. The few employees that have left, have had to work hard to make their way back in (and most want to).

Never lose the culture you've worked so hard to create at Nestlé Purina. It is hard work and a great committment to keep true to the values that make us strong, but we are all counting on you to do just that.

There are newer employer reviews for Nestlé Purina PetCare

Worked for Nestlé Purina PetCare? Contribute to the Community!