Nestlé

www.nestle.com
There are newer employer reviews for Nestlé

A company as big as Nestle couldn't possibly promote this style of managment, could they?

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Franklin Park, IL
Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Franklin Park, IL

I worked at Nestlé full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nestle offers some great courses for advancing your knowledge & skill set through their inter-company Nestle University.
I came across some very good employees & people within the organization during my time there.

Cons

Senior management had military management mindset of command & control over their subordinates. They choose management by fear & used that method as their motivating tool. High turn over rate in the salary ranks.

View and treat your employees as valuable contributors to the company & empower them rather than try to manage using fear of losing your job as a motivational tool.

422 Other Employee Reviews for Nestlé (View Most Recent)

Great until Nestle took over

Former Employee - Training Manager in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Training Manager in Oakland, CA

I worked at Nestlé full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great internal website, good pay, good managers.

Cons

It was good until Nestle took over. Then the quality of employees declined, and they are way more interested in compliance than efficiency. It's a very white company, and they don't seem to give a fig about diversity. Also - with a tag line of "Nutrition, Health and Wellness" -- uhm... Hot Pockets? Really? Nutrition? Executives have their heads in the sand.

Quite promotion just white men, and change your tag line to something honest "Crap food, but it's fun!"

Short & Strange

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Nestlé

Pros

Nice Offices, good staff, lots of opportunities for free food, cafeteria is very good, people are friendly, very low-key dress code, but everyone dresses very plainly, lots of solid colors, no patterns.

Cons

Corporate Culture is hard to grasp, salaries are low, too many contractors, contract workers are treated poorly with no job security, no benefits, no PTO, my supervisor waited until I was out of the building before I was told my contract was terminated. They warned me against going back into the building, even though I had personal items in there, I lost a months parking that I had paid for in advance, and could not get a refund for.

Honor the contracts, don't terminate early, subsidize the parking garages, give people a chance to prove themselves, don't tell bald-faced lies to people.

There are newer employer reviews for Nestlé