Nestlé

www.nestle.com
  www.nestle.com
There are newer employer reviews for Nestlé

Was a great company (Dreyer's Ice Cream) until bought out by Nestle.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I worked at Nestlé full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pretty decent pay, talented folks who work there. The benefits are excellent. Flexible work schedule. The department I worked for had managers that didn't micro-manage. Trusted us to do our jobs our way, as long as the end result was the same.

Cons

Expectations are high, no work-life balance. More and more of what made going to work special and unique from other companies, became quite the opposite. Changes being implemented by upper management. Company would promote "health and wellness company" but yet we are being asked to sell some of the most unhealthy products. (Hot Pockets, chocolates, etc)

Not that anyone in management now even cares because come on, this is a corporate giant... but you should have really not messed with a company that was already running a tight ship. It's a shame what's happened to what was once voted one of the top companies to work for in the Bay Area. (NOT anymore)

407 Other Employee Reviews for Nestlé (View Most Recent)

"The Very Best" is lip service. Show me the money is the new company motto!

Former Employee - Supervisor in Bakersfield, CA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Bakersfield, CA

I worked at Nestlé full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fair compensation package. Focused on making a quality product. The hourly employees are pleasant and have the right additude.

Cons

New head of NUSA will ruin what little (very little) work life balance was left for business professionals. Its an "and company". meaning company want you to do this and that, but they won't properly support with the proper resources. Company is interested in doing "good" as long as it can be promoted, but not really interested in doing good because its the proper thing to do. Way to much office politics and acceptance of poor Local Committee management. New Plant Manager is running off good talent and young talented workers.

Quite trying to cover your butt and start doing what is right, if you even know what is right anymore?

Monetarily Rewarding place to work

Former Employee - LTO in DeKalb, IL
    Former Employee - LTO in DeKalb, IL

I worked at Nestlé full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Made a nice salary working for Nestle

Cons

Worked alot of hours per day and per week

Stop the promotions based on who you know.

There are newer employer reviews for Nestlé