Nestlé

Nestle Healthcare Nutrition

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Minnetonka, MN
Former Employee - Data Analyst in Minnetonka, MN

I worked at Nestlé

Pros

Benefits are excellent and PTO is given out freely. The employees that work there all say it is because of the other employees that they stay. Not because of the work or the pay.

Cons

Positions at Nestle are acheived by who you know and not by your work ethic.
Most are over worked in their positions due to lack of good management.

Review management skills before hiring management personel. No more getting the job or promotion due to being on the who you know list.

407 Other Employee Reviews for Nestlé (View Most Recent)

Retail is not for everyone

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Nestlé

Pros

Large company, great benefits including car/gas/insurance provided as a Sales Rep. Should be opportunities to move up in company if desired, will depend also on willingness to relocate.

Cons

Personally I don't enjoy working in retail. You are in stores, and it is dirty. It is a blue collar job, and although you may move into a Business Analyst position, you must work for at least a year or two before being promoted.

It's not clear to me why you must be a Sales Rep before being able to move into a Business Analyst position, or moving further with the company. In my case, and in the case of many others, it will put you off the job entirely, and the company may lose very valuable and capable people who have greater potential than a sales internship allows for you to showcase.

Nestle: A great place to work for many reasons, but you'll need to push hard to advance.

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Glendale, CA

I worked at Nestlé

Pros

Nestle's culture is generally a very healthy one. The work environment is pleasant, supportive, and collaborative. Nestle seems to do a good job of consistently hiring good people; they are honest, nice people- solid citizens. There are very few morons or jerks to be found there.

I always felt that I had a built-in network to tap into around the world... even to the point of knowing that, if I were traveling on vacation abroad, I'd be able to find someone (a Nestle person) who would help me if something went wrong.

I always felt that I was part of something larger than myself- and an organization which adhered to high moral & ethical standards that I could be proud of.

Cons

It can be very difficult to find advancement opportunities, especially if you're not naturally skilled at self promotion. Nestle is not particularly good at recognizing it's employees' talents and providing the developmental opportunities to fully develop or leverage those talents.

In such a large organization, it is also very easy to become "out of touch" with the outside business environment. Nestle can sometimes be "insular" in its thinking. It's also easy to get "too comfortable" there in your job and to develop a false sense of security.

While some of the attraction for working at Nestle is the possibility for exposure to international career opportunities, those tend to be made available only to a small percentage of employees.

Continue to reduce bureaucracy, increase speed of decision making. Work harder to make individual employees feel that they are important and part of the process of determining the direction of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Nestlé