Nestlé USA

www.nestleusa.com

Great place to start marketing career

Former Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Glendale, CA
Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Glendale, CA

Pros

Diverse opportunities (beverages, frozen food, nutrition, pet, ice cream, confectionary), strong marketing training, smart and nice co-workers, marketing really at center of organization, decent perks (gym, cafeteria, etc)

Cons

Very flat organization. Highly political. Increasing influence from European parent company. Tough to move ahead due to fairly limited attrition.

Do a better job of career planning, too many talented people leave.

Other reviews for Nestlé USA

Outlook very Grim

Current Employee - Finance Manager  in  Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Glendale, CA

Pros

people are nice. still good benefit for right now... see below in cons section for details of why i gave Nestle such a low rating.

Cons

Nestle USA (NUSA) recently got a new CEO . Initially, I thought "this is good, perhaps we can get strong directions on how to improve our business versus the old way of thinking, which was to cut cost to make the numbers".

We got to meet him in the town hall meeting and at first I thought he was personable and funny. He had a good sense of what is wrong and gave us some ideas on what is coming next.... focusing on quality, focusing on reducing skus and so on. I thought it was wonderful and got me motivated.

He has a reputation for being a tyrant. "his way and his way only". All VPs are in fear of getting fired right now. But from my perspective, new thinking is always good. Perhaps he can shake the organization up and motivate the troops.

Boy was I wrong.

The excitement went away relatively quickly with the recent action from the new CEO.

On 11/26/12 he sent out a memo announcing that "casual friday" is no more. Personally, I see no issues with the idea of not having casual friday. However, it's the underlining message of the communication that is inappropriate. He is associating casual work environment with low productivity

The organization is focusing on small things that are not necessarily the drivers of why our business is doing badly. The bad US economy and the mature nature of CPG in the US are really the main drivers of our inability to produce big growth.

I've been here a few years so I think I am ready to move.

GET A CLUE ON WHAT'S IMPORTANT. if you really want to attract good solid performers who will take the organization to the next level, don't be so petty.

Great Place to work hard play hard!

Current Employee - RSR  in  West Chester, OH
    Current Employee - RSR in West Chester, OH

Pros

Excellent values and care for people and business. My group in West Chester enjoy an open door policy, from my DSL to my ASL to my GM I can talk to them voice any concerns and see them get to work on any issues for solution. Managers are not sitting behind a computer all day but working on the field with you providing coaching and suppport, even the General Manager is visible and aproachable, and we see management on the field.Rewarding work, brands are strong and sell easily.

Cons

Supply Chain is messy but due to complexity, tons of changes in that area. Payroll is spotty and not very transparent for the sales reps. Pay is good but you have to work long hours around promotional periods which is almost every other week. HR is too busy, and in the past hard to reach, but quick to react if there are issues.

Business is tough, but need to invest more in the brands, need more DSLs and route relief!

There are newer employer reviews for Nestlé USA.

Worked for Nestlé USA? Contribute to the Community!