There are newer employer reviews for Nestlé USA

Great place to start marketing career

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Glendale, CA
Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Glendale, CA

I worked at Nestlé USA full-time

Pros

Diverse opportunities (beverages, frozen food, nutrition, pet, ice cream, confectionary), strong marketing training, smart and nice co-workers, marketing really at center of organization, decent perks (gym, cafeteria, etc)

Cons

Very flat organization. Highly political. Increasing influence from European parent company. Tough to move ahead due to fairly limited attrition.

Advice to Management

Do a better job of career planning, too many talented people leave.

Other Employee Reviews for Nestlé USA

Don't just walk away, Run away as fast as you can

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Nestlé USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people; good pay if negotiated properly; great benefits(for now); great perks - Gym, cafeteria (for now)

Cons

Nestle USA (NUSA) recently got a new CEO. The old CEO is "Pursuing Other Opportunities outside of Nestle". The new CEO spoke of a vision in which the focus is on growth of business rather than cost cutting. He gave us the perception that he understood what is wrong. For example, he discussed how complex the organization is and how we have too many SKUs. All are very good points. He gave us the impression that the focus is to reduce complexity and increase effectiveness. However, his recent actions show a lack of true leadership. Small minded actions. He eliminated "casual friday". Eliminating "casual friday" is not the issue. The memo justifying why "casual friday" was eliminated puts in question the critical thinking skill of the office of the CEO. According to the Memo: the elimination of "casual friday" was meant to increase efficiency and improve focus of the organization. I am still puzzled by this. I don't get the relationship between "casual friday" and efficiency and focus? There are plenty of companies out there that are casual everyday and yet they are very focused and efficient. (Google, Facebook, Apple, to name a few) He also focuses on how many people are in office at certain time of the day as a key indicator of work efficiency. He is also focusing on cutting cost including things like "lunch meetings". I am unsure if these items are the right area of focus. It's back to the same old game of slashing and burning down the house. Disappointing and Demoralizing to say the least. if you want work/life balance, don't come here. Not going to happen. If you want career growth, don't come here. Not going to happen. Face-time will be the new norm. Your appearance rather than your actions will reflect better in the new world.

I hated working at nestle. Not a good place for professional hires. Low pay, low opportunities.

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Glendale, CA

I worked at Nestlé USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Glendale HQ has free gym in the building, lots of brand name products, many smart people, cafeteria with tasty food.

Cons

At Nestle there are people on the fast track and there's everyone else. If you're not a MBA hire from a top tier school, don't waste your time. You'll start low and have no room to grow. I was a professional hire who was overqualified. Then was thwarted at every turn once inside the company. At Nestle it's all about hiring low paid workers from college. Too many politics for me. so glad I left.

Advice to Management

If you don't value your employees' contributions, they won't make valuable contributions.