There are newer employer reviews for Nestlé USA

Great place to start marketing career

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Glendale, CA
Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Glendale, CA

I worked at Nestlé USA full-time

Pros

Diverse opportunities (beverages, frozen food, nutrition, pet, ice cream, confectionary), strong marketing training, smart and nice co-workers, marketing really at center of organization, decent perks (gym, cafeteria, etc)

Cons

Very flat organization. Highly political. Increasing influence from European parent company. Tough to move ahead due to fairly limited attrition.

Do a better job of career planning, too many talented people leave.

352 Other Employee Reviews for Nestlé USA (View Most Recent)

Don't just walk away, Run away as fast as you can

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Nestlé USA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people; good pay if negotiated properly; great benefits(for now); great perks - Gym, cafeteria (for now)

Cons

Nestle USA (NUSA) recently got a new CEO. The old CEO is "Pursuing Other Opportunities outside of Nestle".

The new CEO spoke of a vision in which the focus is on growth of business rather than cost cutting. He gave us the perception that he understood what is wrong. For example, he discussed how complex the organization is and how we have too many SKUs. All are very good points. He gave us the impression that the focus is to reduce complexity and increase effectiveness.

However, his recent actions show a lack of true leadership. Small minded actions.

He eliminated "casual friday". Eliminating "casual friday" is not the issue. The memo justifying why "casual friday" was eliminated puts in question the critical thinking skill of the office of the CEO.
    According to the Memo: the elimination of "casual friday" was meant to increase efficiency and improve focus of the organization.

I am still puzzled by this. I don't get the relationship between "casual friday" and efficiency and focus?

There are plenty of companies out there that are casual everyday and yet they are very focused and efficient. (Google, Facebook, Apple, to name a few)

He also focuses on how many people are in office at certain time of the day as a key indicator of work efficiency.

He is also focusing on cutting cost including things like "lunch meetings".
    I am unsure if these items are the right area of focus.

It's back to the same old game of slashing and burning down the house.

Disappointing and Demoralizing to say the least.

if you want work/life balance, don't come here. Not going to happen.

If you want career growth, don't come here. Not going to happen.

Face-time will be the new norm.

Your appearance rather than your actions will reflect better in the new world.

Outlook very Grim

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Nestlé USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

people are nice. still good benefit for right now... see below in cons section for details of why i gave Nestle such a low rating.

Cons

Nestle USA (NUSA) recently got a new CEO . Initially, I thought "this is good, perhaps we can get strong directions on how to improve our business versus the old way of thinking, which was to cut cost to make the numbers".

We got to meet him in the town hall meeting and at first I thought he was personable and funny. He had a good sense of what is wrong and gave us some ideas on what is coming next.... focusing on quality, focusing on reducing skus and so on. I thought it was wonderful and got me motivated.

He has a reputation for being a tyrant. "his way and his way only". All VPs are in fear of getting fired right now. But from my perspective, new thinking is always good. Perhaps he can shake the organization up and motivate the troops.

Boy was I wrong.

The excitement went away relatively quickly with the recent action from the new CEO.

On 11/26/12 he sent out a memo announcing that "casual friday" is no more. Personally, I see no issues with the idea of not having casual friday. However, it's the underlining message of the communication that is inappropriate. He is associating casual work environment with low productivity

The organization is focusing on small things that are not necessarily the drivers of why our business is doing badly. The bad US economy and the mature nature of CPG in the US are really the main drivers of our inability to produce big growth.

I've been here a few years so I think I am ready to move.

GET A CLUE ON WHAT'S IMPORTANT. if you really want to attract good solid performers who will take the organization to the next level, don't be so petty.

There are newer employer reviews for Nestlé USA